Best Silver Jews Album (1 Viewer)

I'd have to say Bright Flight, if only for 'I Remember You' and 'Tennessee'

I burned myself out on Natural Bridge a few years ago, it's amazing when your in the mood, but it's tough going, not exactly filled with tunes

Starlite Walker has a big place in my heart too

What if it cost 25c
to wake up in the morning?
A dollar, ten dollars?
I'd pay it all the way to the poor house.

I'd probably still stick with American Water, with Natural Bridge a very very close second.

it's so hard to choose. I think american water has a v special place in my heart though. and the gig was SOOO rosemantic too.

haven't heard all of starlite walker but love all i've heard so far. probably be american water for me at the moment although natural bridge is a belter.

shit i didn't really pick one did i !!

Nope, Old thought he had it and said he would give it to me years ago, but then couldn't find it. A good friend of mine bought it for about 60 dollars a few years ago I think.

Edit: I'm talking about Arizona here....

nlgbbbblth said:
Starlite Walker for me.

Does anyone have The Arizona Record?

Probably the same.

I have The Arizona Record on a really crappy tape - not that you'd notice anyway from the production values. Secret Knowledge of Backroads is a great tune!

Pretty consistently deadly band. Still have to get a copy of Actual Air though.

nlgbbbblth said:
Starlite Walker for me.

nope, but i saw it in freebird back in the day so i went to the atm to get cash and when i came back 3 mins later it was sold. same happened with the first smog lp (long before vinyl drag city reissue) and 2nd hand bastro lps. have since got the others, but not the silver jews. i do have the dime map of the reef 7" tho ("canadaaaaaaaaaaaaaah") and the ...and nico split 7".

nlgbbbblth said:
Starlite Walker for me.

finally someone speaks the truth!:heart:
see i heard em in order as they came out and Starlite Walker is the first and best....best lyrics, best cover, best use of pavement:) i used to have "the arizona record" but sold it when broke in college about 10 years ago - regret it now tho as i remember lovely tunes like 'secret knowledge of the backroads' and 'bar scene from star wars'. it *was* recorded on a dictaphone tho... should we get some kinds of pension if we remember buying lofi records??;)

Unknown Convict said:
the fi doesn't get much lo-er than dime map/arizona, unless yr talking about harry pussy or the old e.f. tapes catalogue (sample description: "very hard to distinguish between the drums and vocals on this one"!)

you could just set yr mp3 encoder to a very low bitrate and lofi yr record collection;)

Unknown Convict said:
nope, but i saw it in freebird back in the day so i went to the atm to get cash and when i came back 3 mins later it was sold. same happened with the first smog lp (long before vinyl drag city reissue) and 2nd hand bastro lps. have since got the others, but not the silver jews. i do have the dime map of the reef 7" tho ("canadaaaaaaaaaaaaaah") and the ...and nico split 7".

no way man
the same shit happened to me in Freebird a couple of times in the late 1980s before I got to know people there. Run up to the ATM on O'Connell St and some prick would have bought the record in the meantime.

Dead Can Dance - The Garden Of Arcane Delights 12"
My Bloody Valentine - Ecstasy LP

Remember seeing REM's Chronic Town in Virgin megastore just after the place opened. Hadn't enough cash but was meeting my mother for lunch so planned on getting it in the afternoon.

Went back and some cunt and ripped the entire front sleeve off.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back