best foodie experience you ever had (1 Viewer)

i got some fucking awesome ravioli in a restaurant in Caesars Palace a few years back, but mostly i'm pretty happy with my beans on toast - it's the food of the gods, you know.

Your not wrong there mate i could live on the stuff meself an if made usin brown toast its one of the best things you can eat if ur vegetarian, close to a full days RDA of protein so im told.

You were paid to review a restaurant without ever having eaten mussels? :eek: What newspaper do you work for?

why are you getting your knickers in a twist?
the person i ate with had mussels, and he had had them before, so take five minute breather and calm yourself down. is it ok with you that i tried some?
'sake.

why are you getting your knickers in a twist?
Hehe
I'm not, dear, don't worry - I'm not Ms. B Haven. I just don't know if I'd trust a food review written by someone who had never eaten mussels. Would you trust a record review written by someone who had never heard, I dunno, Nirvana? No offence like, I'm sure you did a good job of the review and all, but I'd imagine you'd have done a better one if the paper had arranged for your culinary horizons to be broadened a bit beforehand

Hehe
I'm not, dear, don't worry - I'm not Ms. B Haven. I just don't know if I'd trust a food review written by someone who had never eaten mussels. Would you trust a record review written by someone who had never heard, I dunno, Nirvana? No offence like, I'm sure you did a good job of the review and all, but I'd imagine you'd have done a better one if the paper had arranged for your culinary horizons to be broadened a bit beforehand

my goodness - so you're saying people should have an opinion on something before they write something about it? that's ridiculous.

and again, just so i can reiterate - when i do a review, i get the opinion of the person im eating with so I know what they thought of their meal. and the other person had mussels. and they said they were good. and coincidentally, i did too.

science.

Does that mean you wouldn't trust a food review written by a vegitarian?
Depends on the restaurant. A review of a veggie restaurant by a veggie is fine. A review of the veggie option in a regular restaurant may or may not be useful, depending on the restaurant (veggie options are often poorer than meat options, especially in Ireland). I'd certainly like to know that the reviewer was vegetarian

so you're saying people should have an opinion on something before they write something about it?
Eh ... no. I'm saying someone should have a certain base level of knowledge of the subject on which they're writing the review. I wouldn't trust a wine review or review of a rock record written by my da, for example. Is that so crazy?

Eh ... no. I'm saying someone should have a certain base level of knowledge of the subject on which they're writing the review. I wouldn't trust a wine review or review of a rock record written by my da, for example. Is that so crazy?

I wouldn't read a music review by anyone who hadn't eaten mussels.

Does your da not eat mussels?

Eh ... no. I'm saying someone should have a certain base level of knowledge of the subject on which they're writing the review.

and i do. for the third and last time, he ordered the mussels, not me.

can we pls get back to pleasant food experiences? ta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back