Berkeley Balcony Collapse (1 Viewer)

"Drunk irish immigrants" is fairly honest too.

I wasn't aware the J1 programme was seen as a national embarrassment. I'd never come across any of our many, many anti-drink columns that specifically singled it out.

It was a story about the visa program
If 6 English people died in Magaluf and you'd never heard of Magaluf, what would they write?
If it happened in Cancun on Spring Break and you didn't know what those things were, what would they write?

I personally want to petrol bomb every Carroll's shop in the country, but what everyone hates is a Day 2 story in the NY TImes about J1s

"Drunk irish immigrants" is fairly honest too.

I wasn't aware the J1 programme was seen as a national embarrassment. I'd never come across any of our many, many anti-drink columns that specifically singled it out.

I think it is a source of embarrassment for the established Irish community in certain parts of the US. There was some kerfuffle in Maine I think a few years back where a resort either wasn't going to hire Irish J1s or a local politician said they were a nuisance. It got a lot of coverage in Irish-American media circles and some here.

It was a story about the visa program
If 6 English people died in Magaluf and you'd never heard of Magaluf, what would they write?
If it happened in Cancun on Spring Break and you didn't know what those things were, what would they write?

I personally want to petrol bomb every Carroll's shop in the country, but what everyone hates is a Day 2 story in the NY TImes about J1s

It's true, they would write a similar article to what the NY Times wrote earlier in the week. But can you recall any media outlet releasing a similar story about the crash up in Donegal? I know we all would have met people in our daily lives that would have said "they're mad drivers etc." but did anyone print a story in the media along those lines? I think that's the difference here

I think it is a source of embarrassment for the established Irish community in certain parts of the US. There was some kerfuffle in Maine I think a few years back where a resort either wasn't going to hire Irish J1s or a local politician said they were a nuisance. It got a lot of coverage in Irish-American media circles and some here.
we should stop Brits from working in Ireland based on their behaviour on stag do's in Temple Bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back