Bands That Passed You By (1 Viewer)

Tom Waits. How many albums does he have? Whatever number it is, all i know is im not going to be arsed trying to get into him now.

Single worst mistake of your life. He must have 20 albums. Hard to find a truly shit one. Start by listening to Closing Time on a Sunday evening. Don't listen to it again until the following Sunday. By the third time, you'll want more.

I've let Mogwai pass me by.

Have a couple of early EPs and the Happy Songs album, but thats about it. Its odd, cause I really like a lot of what I've heard since, but just haven't taken that cd-to-counter step.
Should I rectify this post (rock) haste?

The Replacements - am rectifying this at the moment though.

I've let Mogwai pass me by.

Have a couple of early EPs and the Happy Songs album, but thats about it. Its odd, cause I really like a lot of what I've heard since, but just haven't taken that cd-to-counter step.
Should I rectify this post (rock) haste?

meh, get one or 2 albums and you'll have heard pretty much all there is to hear

Sonic Youth, i have all their albums on my ipod via someone or other by now. Think ive listened to Daydream Nation once a few years ago.

Tom Waits. How many albums does he have? Whatever number it is, all i know is im not going to be arsed trying to get into him now.

I can take or leave Tom Waits. I'm pretty sure he's been releasing the same two songs for years. It's either the piano ballad or the shouty noisy one but Swordfishtrombones is an amazing album.

That's a bit unfair. Elbow are the musical equivalent of porridge. The two bands are nothing alike really.

I did mean physically and vocally. Large (but not quite fat) beardy blokes. I saw Elbow in HQ in about 2001 or so. Guy and the rest of them were sound. My little brother couldn't get in, he was 16 or something. So they rang him, from the stage, while he was home in bed sleeping for school the next day, and told him next time they were in town to email them and they'd make sure he'd get in. You wouldn't get that from any of the tossers in Coldplay. Asleep in the Back is great anyway, never really listened to the rest, but I'm glad they had success and they seem to be good at what they do, though it no longer appeals to me much.

Blur. I'd never listened to a studio album until a few weeks ago when I was offered a ticket to the Hyde Park gig. Turns out that I really like the albums and the gig was deadly.

But any time I hear something by them , I think its good! Especially when heard out of context - like the time I was waiting for someone on Grafton St one night and the local shop radio was playing this, and people were milling up and down the street. It was a perfect moment...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yis are very harsh on elbow. any band with a song that has an ending refrain "we still believe in love so fuck you" isnt all bad. good drumming too.

other artists of note ive never bothered with: leonard cohan, nick cave, jeff buckley. metallica.

prince.

ah loads of em.

Blur. I'd never listened to a studio album until a few weeks ago when I was offered a ticket to the Hyde Park gig. Turns out that I really like the albums and the gig was deadly.

I was really late to blur, i fucking love them now, and by relation gorrillaz.

prince.

ah loads of em.

i was really late to prince too, recent live versions of dmsr changed my opinion of what he does a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back