Bands That Passed You By (2 Viewers)

I've let Mogwai pass me by.

Have a couple of early EPs and the Happy Songs album, but thats about it. Its odd, cause I really like a lot of what I've heard since, but just haven't taken that cd-to-counter step.
Should I rectify this post (rock) haste?

Get Government commissions and E.P + 4 they pretty much covers the early years pretty well. I'm mad about Rock Action because it's the most varied. Come On Die Young might be the most focussed. And make sure to get a copy of Batcat the video is class too. Here it is
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Single worst mistake of your life. He must have 20 albums. Hard to find a truly shit one. Start by listening to Closing Time on a Sunday evening. Don't listen to it again until the following Sunday. By the third time, you'll want more.

For me it's Rain Dogs and Alice/Blood Money, then everything else sounds like less good versions of those with the occasional banger along the way.

Never listen to him after I bought Doc at The Radar Station by Captain Beefheart. He just seemed irrelivant then.

For me it's Rain Dogs and Alice/Blood Money, then everything else sounds like less good versions of those with the occasional banger along the way.

Hmmm, can't agree with that. All of his stuff from the 70s is pretty on the money, Small Change, The Heart of Saturday Night, Heart Attack and Vine. Not too familiar with his 80s stuff but Rain Dogs, Bone Machine and Mule Variations are really good.

Hmmm, can't agree with that. All of his stuff from the 70s is pretty on the money, Small Change, The Heart of Saturday Night, Heart Attack and Vine. Not too familiar with his 80s stuff but Rain Dogs, Bone Machine and Mule Variations are really good.

I find most of those incredibly boring to be honest. Just not my cup of tea. I loved Rain Dogs the first time I heard it, gorged on him for a while and then lost interest. I'm by no means an expert or massive fan but he has made some great tunes. I love the guitar in this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Swans passed me by, I thought the last one was the best record I've heard in about 5 years and every time I hear anything of the Great Annihilator I say " I have to buy that and then forget to. I get paid tomorrow perhaps that's the day. Anything I should get as well while I'm at it ?

Same with me and Swans. Was just listening to them today. The new one sounds like a bit of a cracker. Would hold our for that maybe ...

Swans passed me by, I thought the last one was the best record I've heard in about 5 years and every time I hear anything of the Great Annihilator I say " I have to buy that and then forget to. I get paid tomorrow perhaps that's the day. Anything I should get as well while I'm at it ?

While I like The Great Annihilator, my favourite albums are Swans Are Dead, Public Castration is a Good Idea and Children of God (the first two are live albums but to me they are the definitive recordings by the band from their last few years and early years respectively). The recent album (My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky) and the new one (The Seer) are both excellent too. Though really, there's no album of theirs I don't thoroughly enjoy. Even The Burning World.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back