Bands That Passed You By (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
I'm loading my ipod for my holiday and going through my itunes for things that I might want on there. I came across Doves. How is it I have 6 albums and could not for my life be able to name one of their songs? I can only assume someone gave me these albums, maybe after I lost my entire music collection a few years ago?

Is it okay that I missed the boat?

Not really. The first one came out YEARS ago. It's brilliant. Actually the first three are all really good. I think we used to listen to the second or third one in Australia in 2004 and that's AGES ago. Never heard the latest one. There Goes The Fear is one of the best tunes of the last 10 years or so and I won't hear any arguments. There was even the charming sight of them playing samba drums to the ending of it on Jools. Any band that does that kind of thing are a cut above your average Phantom FM indie shite, imo.

Anyway.

Sonic Youth, i have all their albums on my ipod via someone or other by now. Think ive listened to Daydream Nation once a few years ago.

Tom Waits. How many albums does he have? Whatever number it is, all i know is im not going to be arsed trying to get into him now.

There Goes The Fear is one of the best tunes of the last 10 years or so and I won't hear any arguments.

Great video for that song. Put together using found footage of a mental health educational film. Nice musical twist at the end.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Doves are pretty good. Wore out the first two albums when they came out but didn't listen to anything after The Last Broadcast. I don't think I could ever go back to them now.

I'm loading my ipod for my holiday and going through my itunes for things that I might want on there. I came across Doves. How is it I have 6 albums and could not for my life be able to name one of their songs? I can only assume someone gave me these albums, maybe after I lost my entire music collection a few years ago?

Is it okay that I missed the boat?

I could have gave you those. I was a bit of a fan back in the day.

Came across Doves 3 years ago when in the car with my Ma and Black and White Town came on the radio and she said "this is a good song isnt it, if only you blared this out of your room all the time". I agreed with her and got the said 4 albums that evening and have loved all 4 ever since

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back