Bands that had to change their names (1 Viewer)

I think its always been a star bar. There have been similarish bars that tried to muscle in on the star bar's territory though, like the Boost. But there was only 1 ever star bar and it wasn't to be fucked with

I think its always been a star bar. There have been similarish bars that tried to muscle in on the star bar's territory though, like the Boost. But there was only 1 ever star bar and it wasn't to be fucked with

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Bar

Has slipped between Moro and Boost, but generally known, and loved, as Star Bar.

The Verve used to just be called 'Verve' until the record lable Verve had words with Ashcroft and co.

The Alarm used to be called Alarm Alarm but decided it was too close to Duran Duran

there's a band doing the rounds at the moment called duran duran duran

I used to call myself whiterob on my soundcloud page but then some american sent me an email threatening to sue me if i didn't. I'm now called rob the trusty steed. It sounds way more awesome

You could have gone with 'rob the American whiterob's band name'

But it's not as catchy I suppose

irish band U had to change their name to U2 after hearing someone had beaten them to their first choice.

On a related note, Negativland got in a lot of trouble for releasing an album called U2, though in fairness they did it with the express purpose of confusing U2 fans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negativland#U2_record_incident

Stagger Lee became The Dagger Lees I think?

But Stagger Lee, and variations of the name is a character that crops up in folk and blues songs that go way back. I'd have told the Nick Cave people to go and shite

They were good
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As far as I know, you can't copyright titles of works so Cave's people don't have a leg to stand on. Plus, as mentioned, "Stagger Lee" is just Cave's reworking of a folk song; it's not like they named themselves Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! or something else obviously taken from Cave.

Back on topic, Black Sabbath were originally called Earth but changed their name because another UK band were called Earth. Flash forward to the 90s and Dylan Carlson took the name Earth for his project in homage to Sabbath. Then a couple of lads formed an Earth tribute band called Mars and had to change their name to Sunn O))) because they then found out about the No Wave band and the chocolate bar.

All those bands at the moment with Monster in the name. I saw another one yesterday. Sorry guys. Good job Here Be Monsters got out in 1995.

Fuck my life. I was first. Cunts. I'm seriously considering coming up with another stage moniker because the amount of confusion. I wouldn't mind but I fucking personally know everyone else who used monster in their stage names. :(

Kiwi band Shihad changed their name post Sept 11th attacks to Pacifier - They have since changed it back.

Also a kiwi band, Head Like a Hole (after the NIN song) changed their name to HLAH (actually this was a bit of confusion and they may not have actually changed it but it was reported thus) now they seem to be known equally as either.

Neither of these cases were a result of "Having" to change their name though.

Fuck my life. I was first. Cunts. I'm seriously considering coming up with another stage moniker because the amount of confusion. I wouldn't mind but I fucking personally know everyone else who used monster in their stage names. :(

yours is the best one. fuck those other pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back