Bands that had to change their names (4 Viewers)

Theseus Mock

Solutions
Reading the news that One Direction have a clashing namesake in the US, I'm trying to think of other examples of this.

Didn't Suede go under the English (or UK) Suede in the US/Canada?
Blink 182 appending 182 because of Irish band Blink?

Manitoba, changed to Caribou after yer man from the Dictators threatened legal action.

Death Angel, briefly

The band released the "A Room with a View" video and single under the name "D.A.," and Cavestany explained to a reporter at the time that he now found the band's original name "Restricting. The name Death Angel seems to imply hardcore thrash gloom-and-doom death metal, and we're not like that at all. If I were presented with 10 records, and one of them was by a band called Death Angel, and I'd never heard of them, I'd stick that one on the bottom!"

David Bowie
David Bowie is David Robert Jones, born in Stanfield Road, Brixton, South London, on the 8th of January 1947 to Peggy (whose real name was Margaret) and John (whose real name was Haywood Stenton) Jones. He changed his stage name from Jones to Bowie in 1966 because of the success of Davy Jones on the London stage. That was prior to the success of the Monkees (with Davy Jones).

Similarly I heard Aimee Duffy saying she was advised to go under the name Duffy to distance herself from another white girl blues singer called Amy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back