Bands that are misrepresented by their most famous song (1 Viewer)

jaakko said:
the buggles
blondie
the b-52's
sonic youth

care to ellaborate?
The Blondie one confuses me most. What is their most famous song? Denis? Hanging On The telephone?

And Sonic Youth? Most famous song? Teenage Riot? Pretty representitive no?

so many ???

edit: How long before Dudley says Queen?

Blur - 'Country House'

They Might Be Giants - 'Birdhouse in your Soul'
(actually a class song and a good representation of the band, but so much more to them)

I agree with the whole 'Wake up Boo' thing aswell.

Anthony said:
care to ellaborate?
The Blondie one confuses me most. What is their most famous song? Denis? Hanging On The telephone?

And Sonic Youth? Most famous song? Teenage Riot? Pretty representitive no?

so many ???

well Heart of Glass, eh?

and sonic youth - well all the poppier stuff on dirty and daydream don't just represent the best efforts of the band IMO

For me the biggest vitcim was The La's with 'there she goes' people only know that song but their album is fucking amazing.

I suppose you could throw in Weezer with Buddy Holly or The Clash with Should I stay or should I go.

well there's tina turner with 'simply the best' - coz like, she's not

there's vanilla ice with 'ice ice baby' in which he claimed to be able to glow in the dark, but as subsequent extensive testing prooved, this was untrue

and then there's that guy (r kelly? someone like that anyways) with 'i believe i can fly' - which is just stupid really as the aerodynamics of the human body are clearly not suited to self propelled flight, so you'd have to be some kind of delusional dickhead to actually believe you could fly... - oh wait yeah - maybe that one is ok

karljacuncha said:
well there's tina turner with 'simply the best' - coz like, she's not

there's vanilla ice with 'ice ice baby' in which he claimed to be able to glow in the dark, but as subsequent extensive testing prooved, this was untrue

and then there's that guy (r kelly? someone like that anyways) with 'i believe i can fly' - which is just stupid really as the aerodynamics of the human body are clearly not suited to self propelled flight, so you'd have to be some kind of delusional dickhead to actually believe you could fly... - oh wait yeah - maybe that one is ok

Bands that are represented perfectly by their most famous song

Gonna get loads of shit for this, but fuck it - The Verve. Most of the 'famous' album was all about Dickie Ashcroft, and we all saw how horrible that turned out. But A Storm in Hevean and A Northern Soul rule.

Stan Bowles said:
Gonna get loads of shit for this, but fuck it - The Verve. Most of the 'famous' album was all about Dickie Ashcroft, and we all saw how horrible that turned out. But Storm in Hevean and A Northern Soul rule.

" A monumentally unattractrive young man" is how Adam and Joes dad described Richard Ashcroft- which was nice

Alice Coopers "Poison" is definatley pretty weak compared to his other stuff
I was surprised at his gig when everyone started shouting for that song. But then it was his biggest hit here so....

johnnystress said:
Alice Coopers "Poison" is definatley pretty weak compared to his other stuff
I was surprised at his gig when everyone started shouting for that song. But then it was his biggest hit here so....

That gig was fucking deadly! Yeah Poison certainly ain't the best tune he had/has.

Lord Damian said:
same thing with the Beatles, really....everybody knows "Twist and Shout" but does everybody know "Happiness is a Warm Gun"? nope. that's why i hate everybody.
a girl i know spent a year in college doing no work, sitting around, smoking doobs, listening to tunes and having the chats. then in first her end-of-year exam, not knowing anything about anything, she sat down, wrote out the lyrics to 'happiness is a warm gun', and walked out. cool.

beetleonitsback said:
a girl i know spent a year in college doing no work, sitting around, smoking doobs, listening to tunes and having the chats. then in first her end-of-year exam, not knowing anything about anything, she sat down, wrote out the lyrics to 'happiness is a warm gun', and walked out. cool.
i'll assume by "cool" you mean "retarded".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back