Bands that are misrepresented by their most famous song (1 Viewer)

Talk Talk

The Rolling Stones to a certain extent. I think their album tracks off Beggars Banquet / Exile on Main St. / Sticky Fingers are way better than any of their hits. I was put off the Stones for years because all I had was Rolled Gold.

AND Ultravox - "Vienna" - the Ultravox with John Foxx was so so so so much better than what they became with Ure IMO.

Blue Oyster Cult- Dont Fear The Reaper- a song that 7" of vinyl was made for

the rest of their stuff is either just alright or not very good

johnnystress said:
Blue Oyster Cult- Dont Fear The Reaper- a song that 7" of vinyl was made for

the rest of their stuff is either just alright or not very good

that is so wrong,pretty much everything they done up to Don't Fear the Reaper,blows it away.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
that is so wrong,pretty much everything they done up to Don't Fear the Reaper,blows it away.

i bought more of their stuff on the strength of that song and was disappointed

but the thread is about songs that mispresents bands other stuff, so I think we'd agree that thats the case with this

Ween - Freedom of '76
Imagine hearing that, buying Chocolate & Cheese and hearing Spinal Meningitis Got Me Down.
Then maybe brushing your teeth and going to the shops.

Lord Damian said:
Beach Boys - 98% of the herd like their "let's go surfin' now..." shit, but, like, have you heard the other stuff? Decent. (note to editor - exactly what combination of font and smilies is used to indicate VAST UNDERSTATEMENT?)

big time...i hate that conversation...the 'i like the beach boys but they're not just about the surfin stuff honestly theres more to them than you think' one.

i find that by the time you get to the '..and they recorded Paul McCartney chewing and crunching on carrots and it's in the background bit' that people who haven't listened to much beach boys stop believing in what I'm saying and want to pat me on the head and say 'there, there...it'll be alright'

P. Littbarski said:
big time...i hate that conversation...the 'i like the beach boys but they're not just about the surfin stuff honestly theres more to them than you think' one.

i find that by the time you get to the '..and they recorded Paul McCartney chewing and crunching on carrots and it's in the background bit' that people who haven't listened to much beach boys stop believing in what I'm saying and want to pat me on the head and say 'there, there...it'll be alright'

well described Pierre
I hate those conversations too. Wanna shoot them with my crossbow - in the face.

pricks

johnnystress said:
i bought more of their stuff on the strength of that song and was disappointed

but the thread is about songs that mispresents bands other stuff, so I think we'd agree that thats the case with this

Fair enough,but anyway,the good ones are Secret Treaties,Tyranny and Mutation and Blue Oyster Cult. After that they got kinda bland.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Fair enough,but anyway,the good ones are Secret Treaties,Tyranny and Mutation and Blue Oyster Cult. After that they got kinda bland.

oooh noo, they say he's go to go, dont go godzilla!

actually its about 15 years since i listened to those records who knows what id make of them now

Perry Como is greatly misprepresented by Magic Moments and Tie a Yellow Ribbon

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back