Band stuff in movies (1 Viewer)

There’s a kind of reverse trick in the previously mentioned Wire song in C’mon C’mon where the songs starts as full volume soundtrack when they’re outside and then it jumps to them in an apartment and it switches to background as it’s on the stereo. I liked it.
How does this one grab you? The guitar starting up and Martin Donovan getting out of his jeep, and screaming, "I can't stand the quiet!!"

The scene is more of a choreography piece:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This was a blind rental in a 5 title for 7eu in XtraVision Baggott St circa 2003. I was chuffed when I also had a chance to acquire the VHS years later.

This was my first experience of Hal Hartley. He's college buddies with Ira Kaplan of Yo La Tengo, so YLT will often feature diagetically with characters listening to them.

How does this one grab you? The guitar starting up and Martin Donovan getting out of his jeep, and screaming, "I can't stand the quiet!!"

The scene is more of a choreography piece:

This was a blind rental in a 5 title for 7eu in XtraVision Baggott St circa 2003. I was chuffed when I also had a chance to acquire the VHS years later.

This was my first experience of Hal Hartley. He's college buddies with Ira Kaplan of Yo La Tengo, so YLT will often feature diagetically with characters listening to them.

1654385822262.jpeg

Band stuff can be handy shorthand for characterisation, I think?

Like they use Clash stuff in Brad Pitt's office in Moneyball, to show what a rebel against the system he is

View attachment 15750

View attachment 15751
:(

Poor the Clash, they deserve better than being a second rate Bob Marley/Scarface poster

Anyway, heres Adam Ant in Blade Runner, not sure how one reads into that in regards worldbuilding

Bladerunner.jpg

CvhmHQHWEAA8Y-w.jpg

Gone through the last few months of my letterboxd and this cringeful scene of DeNiro singing along to the Stones in his zooped up landrover is all I could find. [Tony Scott's The Fan].

DeNiro. They didn't play much rock music in his household growing up. Then again his father was an abstract expressionist painter.

Recommend this film for the above carry-on, and DeNiro roaring "Bobbbaaay!" like a loon in the stands at the baseball game. That, ladies and gentlemen, is method acting.

Gone through the last few months of my letterboxd and this cringeful scene of DeNiro singing along to the Stones in his zooped up landrover is all I could find. [Tony Scott's The Fan].

DeNiro. They didn't play much rock music in his household growing up. Then again his father was an abstract expressionist painter.

Recommend this film for the above carry-on, and DeNiro roaring "Bobbbaaay!" like a loon in the stands at the baseball game. That, ladies and gentlemen, is method acting.

Had totally forgotten about the existence of that film.

Can't be arsed trying to find it in English,but a 1:50.

Another episode had an X song.

Can't be arsed trying to find it in English,but a 1:50.

Another episode had an X song.

There’s an X-Files episode with a scene in a 90s vampire nightclub with an X song blaring through it.

Random Monster Magnet poster in a bar in Theo Angelopoulos' art flick The Dust of Time from 2008.

So, that's left to right Euro acting legends: Michel Piccoli,Bruno Ganz and Irene Jacob with a Monster Magnet tour poster.
IMG_20221218_232912MP.jpg

Grey's Anatomy has been running for 147 years and there's been a The Great Destroyer Low poster on the wall throughout.

The Associate by the Jesus Lizard playing in the bar in Saint Maud when eh, Maud? is beating your man off in the smoking area.

Also, splotches of ESG and Gang of Four playing on the stereo when the rich, dying arty chick has her cool buddies over.

Cool music aside, not a great flick. A bang average one. Promising filmmaking talent though. Maybe.

Christmas bloody Christmas. Main actress has a Cephalic carnage patch on her jacket, and a Death tshirt. Windhand are on the soundtrack.
My wife is watching some show called Deadly class. Hank Rollins is in it, so the punk is wearing Black flag tshirt. Also playing lots of 80's hardcore/punk. Also Brian Posehn is in it, so they played Maiden's Somewhere in time for that scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back