bah bloody humbug (1 Viewer)

christmas songs in work drive me mental alright.
except last christmas, love that tune.

but i don't seem to be minding christmas this year, actually i'm really looking forward to eating nice food and spending the rest of the christmas night on the couch with my sister and my nephew watching funny shit and fighting over the purple ones from the box of quality street.

the purple ones are nice,

i cant sit in a room with my sister unless i can choose the tv or make her read so i can as well, dont get me wrong shes dead on and really nice to me but my god.

gilmore girls wtf

bollocks to xmas, im working christmas eve night 10pm-8:30 and the same on christmas day and stephens day, gonna be a SXE xmas for me:mad:

some eejit came into work this morning and straight away put on that fucking xmas fm station, assured her that when she works with me next week it will not be on.

hahaha jesus! the gilmore girls??
just watch loads of monty python together, that's what brings me and my siblings together. or smoke joints with her, that works for all of us too.

THERE'S A XMAS FM STATION?
facking 'ell.

Christmas is a great test to see who's a moany cunt.
If you meet someone who goes on and on and on and on about how shit Christmas is
you can fucking bet they'll be moaning about all kinds of shit given the opportunity.
People who like Christmas are generally pleasant, happy people or Christian.

Christmas is a great test to see who's a moany cunt.
If you meet someone who goes on and on and on and on about how shit Christmas is
you can fucking bet they'll be moaning about all kinds of shit given the opportunity.

Oi! I'm not a particularly moany fucker, in fact I usually just try as much as possible to ignore xmas, to be honest I just don't get it. I understand why it might be exciting for kids or people with kids or for people with large families (xmas isn't a big deal at all with my family, none of us particularly like it). I just don't get why people I know with no religious beliefs or such get so excited by it and fill their gaffs with christmas trees, decorations, all that shit. I hate people thinking I'm just being a dick for saying I dislike it all, as stated before I simply don't 'get' the xmas spirit. My favourite day of the year is actually January 2nd, when the city/country just goes back to normal monotony rather than stressful, mental, oneupmanship crap I see during the xmas season (which evidently seems to start from about October).

Also working in a homeless shelter its evident how hard a time it is for alot of people, and with everyone and their mother on annual/xmas leave from various employments a lot of pretty important supports and such (ever try get an appointment for someone in a hospital in December) aren't there when they are needed the most.

anyway rant/moan over!

The Vandals Xmas album is fun!

I think alot of people just get excited about christmas cause they get time off work and at the same time the country goes into piss up mode! its not about the birth of baby jebus or any of that non sense, for some its about the kids, the rest its about gettin off work and gettin fucked up!

The Vandals Xmas album is fun!

I think alot of people just get excited about christmas cause they get time off work and at the same time the country goes into piss up mode! its not about the birth of baby jebus or any of that non sense, for some its about the kids, the rest its about gettin off work and gettin fucked up!

I'm gonna miss out on getting fucked up this xmas :mad:
Three day bender from the 27th though.|..|

Don't let the christian liars take over this festivity. The real meaning of this festival is Yule, the hibernal (and Hibernian in this case) solstice, leaving the darkness and progressively approaching the spring and the light. And that, for me, deserves to be celebrated. I assume that most of the people are longing for the spring and summer to come, as our ancestors did.

Oi! I'm not a particularly moany fucker, in fact I usually just try as much as possible to ignore xmas, to be honest I just don't get it. I understand why it might be exciting for kids or people with kids or for people with large families (xmas isn't a big deal at all with my family, none of us particularly like it). I just don't get why people I know with no religious beliefs or such get so excited by it and fill their gaffs with christmas trees, decorations, all that shit. I hate people thinking I'm just being a dick for saying I dislike it all, as stated before I simply don't 'get' the xmas spirit. My favourite day of the year is actually January 2nd, when the city/country just goes back to normal monotony rather than stressful, mental, oneupmanship crap I see during the xmas season (which evidently seems to start from about October).
cheer up ed, only 11 days til solstice! daylight, wooo

edit: 11 days to the minute as of....now

Traditionally I'm not a fan of the Christly Mass for depressing personal reasons that I don't want to go into, but to be honest, I can't complain too much, and I've trained myself to ignore all the crap (IE I've learned to stay out of town at weekends). It's a few days off work like, which I can spend watching films, drinking, hanging out with the girls and eating - all of which are good things. Plus, I think seeing the wee lass get excited about the arrival of Santhanas and decorating the tree and that kinda thing is kinda nice.

Only major issue I have with it nowadays is that it seems to start in October. And I'll miss having Xmas dinner with the Warren Street folks this year. That was pretty good.Also, unravelling Xmas tree lights = most aggravating thing in the world.

Xmas music? "No Presents for Christmas" by King Diamond.Obviously.

I approve of the Gilmore Girls by the way.
Specifically, the ma from the gilmore Girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back