back to bacon.. (1 Viewer)

of course, you'd never actually hear a spaniard say that; they're fucking obsessed with meat.

It's true that people from certain countries/cultures virew vegetarians as being a bit daft.
Its like ; "meat for the table is the best reward for a hard days work, what what the hell do you mean can i have a salad"

A friend went to visit his girlfriends parents in France. When he said he was a vegetarian the girlfriends mother whispered to her that if she minced up some meat she could hide it in his dinner and that he'd never know. As if there was some NEED to get meat into him

from HFW here

MY MEAT MANIFESTO
  • Consider how much meat you eat. Is it, perhaps, too much? Too much for your good health? Do you imagine that your personal meat-eating habit, extrapolated to a national level, might put undue pressure on farmers to produce mountains of cheap meat of dubious quality, by dubious means?
  • Think about the meat that you eat. Is it good enough? Good enough to bring you pleasure every time you eat it? Could it, should it, be better? Perhaps it would make sense to spend a little more on it, a little less often. Or to buy cheaper cuts of better meat.
  • Think about the animals that the meat you eat comes from. Are you at all concerned about how they have been treated? Have they lived well? Have they been fed on safe, appropriate foods? Have they been cared for by someone who respects them and enjoys contact with them? Would you like to be sure of that? Perhaps it’s time to find out a bit more about where the meat you eat comes from. Or to buy from a source that reassures you about these points.
  • There might be a different way of buying meat that works well for you, that could guarantee better quality and give you a cleaner conscience. Could you shop more locally, buying direct from the people who actually farm the animals that produce the meat? Or could you use a butcher who can tell you where all his meat comes from, and get special things for you when you want them?
  • Think about the way you cook meat. Do it justice. Respect it. Understand a little (or even a lot) about what happens when you roast a joint or bird in a very hot oven, or when you simmer meat slowly for hours, with subtle flavours. Discover the remarkable difference that resting roast meat, for 15 minutes or more, before carving it, will make to its texture, and therefore its taste. A few small adjustments to your kitchen habits could bring big benefits.
  • Are you adventurous with meat? Do you explore the tastes and textures of different cuts, particularly the cheaper cuts and offal? Could you save money and eat better by doing so? There may be all kinds of recipes, not complicated, not expensive, that could breathe new life into your meat cookery and bring more excitement and satisfaction at mealtimes to you, your family and the friends you entertain.
  • Are you thrifty with meat? That’s not the same as mean. In fact, it’s practically the opposite. Being creative with leftover meat means getting more from it. You’re making it more generous to you and, in so doing, paying greater tribute to the animal that has died to provide it.
  • Finally, if you accept that there is any moral content at all in the way we treat animals, then you must accept that there is a moral dimension in your dealings with meat. Please think about it, don’t shirk it.​

"Being creative with leftover meat"

there's a Christmas best-seller waiting to be written

my little sister is 12 and has been a healthy vegetarian since 10. she went to the gaeltacht recently and i'm ashamed to say i thought she'd break but nooo. she loyally ate quorn fillets for 3 weeks straight. she won't even eat haribo. she's deadly. I went through so many phases before finally doing it at age 15. I guess it helps that there's so many alternatives and that I cook her dinner. Its a lot harder to do without support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back