Autechre (2 Viewers)

What's your favourite Autechre?

• Total voters
nEiLo said:
I love that too... Rsdio is the most amazing track.

Yeah - I just loved the way that album saw them getting more 'sorta industrial' sounding.

Some stuff on Chiastic Slide is fantastic too. Recury is one of my favourite Ae tracks.

I'm not too fond of LP5 though. Although Corc is beautiful.

I went with Tri Repetae, although to be honest, that's actually a vote for the US 2-CD version, Tri Repetae++. I got that in '95 and for a couple of years thought it was a single double-disc release. It wasn't until I got here that I found out it was actually a compilation of the UK Tri Repetae and the Anvil Vapre and Garbage EPs. But I'd gotten so used to playing the two CDs straight through that I can't help but think they're all one stupendous release.

I think the single-disc version probably would have still got my vote, however (although LP5 and Amber would have been closer behind).

nEiLo said:
Some stuff on Chiastic Slide is fantastic too. Recury is one of my favourite Ae tracks.

I'm not too fond of LP5 though. Although Corc is beautiful.

Arch Carrier is a phenomenal track but Cichli off Chiastic Slide is my favourite Autechre moment and one of my favourite musical moments ever.

Theres a tune on that box of 10"'s i have that rules more than anything..
Album... incullabulla

I know when i got tri repetae i thought "oh christ, what the hell is this its so fucking cool!" but when lp5 came out... jesus, its so brilliant. so completely original and fucking awesome

I had a thing for years about their albums, i'd only start to enjoy the previous album as soon as i got the new one. chiastic slide i didn't like for ages but its really fucking great. not mad on a lot of untilted, first couple of tracks are great, especially the opener, but the last track is pants.

Vinnie said:
Cichli off Chiastic Slide is my favourite Autechre moment and one of my favourite musical moments ever.

What a co-inky dink. For real. It's one of my all favourite musical moments of all time. Bloods thicker than the mud.

I'm having a terrible hard time on that poll but it's not incunabula anyway. Or Amber.
I'm down to the EP7s, Tri Repetae and chiastic slide.
This is like that time I had to kill one of my triplet sons.

herv said:
I had a thing for years about their albums, i'd only start to enjoy the previous album as soon as i got the new one.

I was exactly the same, aside from the first 2 albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back