Asshole bus driver (1 Viewer)

Squack said:
well i am not a big fan of dublin bus myself but did write a letter of complaint and they replied saying thank you for the letter and that the driver is being dealt with
basically i was on the bus at college green and the bus driver proceeded to break the lights and cut across the van driver who had the right of way.
the van driver was beeping him etc and the bus driver (who was black... which will be put into context shortly) started complaining. I was sitting right behind the bus driver and there was a young girl of no more than 10 standing beside him to get off a next stop.
when the van driver pulled up beside him the bus driver opened the door and started shouting " you white bastard, fuck you you white c*nt!" this went on for about 5 minutes and everyone on the bus was shocked. the driver in the van was shocked and couldnt say anything..
i got off the next stop took the reg plate and the number of the bus and wrote a letter to dublin bus
its better to let them know whats going on, they are making a fortune from people not claiming their change

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahaha

The said:
Dublin bus drivers seem to be real assholes.

Thats not true. The vast majority of your bus journeys are probably incident free. You get the odd asshole, certainly, but they are the exceptions to the rule.

A mate of mine and my brother are bus drivers and they put up with a hell of a lot more shit than you or I in the course of their working week.

My brother, in the past year, has been verbally abused for things like not letting people out before a stop, not letting them out at traffic lights when they are in the middle lane of 3 lanes. He has had cigarettes flicked at him when he has asked drunken people to put out their cigarettes getting on a bus. He has been spat at when he asked people for the correct fare. He was punched by a guy when my brother wouldn't move out of the bus lane to let him overtake, ended up in court with that guy because of it. He has had to break up fights on the bus, get people off the bus who were threatening other passengers. The list goes on and on.

This doesn't mean that the guy Wheels had on the 123 wasn't an asshole but the vast majority of them are decent people.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
well last night when i was driving the 123 on dame st, some prick got on and put two euro in by mistake. he started whining about me giving him the wrong change (like i care) and had to sit down and sulk it up like a baby. he'll probably write a letter of complaint but i'll just make something up like "all customers are pricks, especially Wheels" - driving a bus is great

I knew he looked familiar! God, last time I saw you behind glass was when you were dancing in that window in Amsterdam!!

I saw the 18A once. Spooky

seanc said:
There's the 18 and I think theres' the 83 as well. Dunno where they stop iin Crumlin, but they both go from KFC in Rat o' the Mines.
But as you know, the 18 has a radial route(goes East/West, rather than South/North), and so its very unreliable, cuz they've to fight a lot of traffic.

Plus the 18 is a phantom bus. I don't even believe it exists.

clonan attack said:
i was about to launch into a tirade there but to behonest most of them are logged here somewhere.
My new years resolution of 2005 was to get in less arguments with bus drivers but it only multiplied the amount i had cos the biting of the tongue got too much.

i like the guy who slandered me in front of the whole lower saloon bout peuking upstairs on his bus at 10am and saying "here,next time ya do that clean it up" when in fact i was downstairs,behind him the whole time with my thesis in hand ready to hand it in to college.

when i defended myself he said "i know it was someone wearing a black hat" at which point i pointed out i was wearing a blue hat....his reply?
the fucker closed the doors and sped off,while the bus oogled at me like id done something wrong

Wheels, bring this one all the way,CUNTS!

says the man who boards nite links shouting beep while waving a 2easy ticket in the air

from today's irish times letters page:

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/letters/2006/0119/

Madam, - In reply to the letter from Shane O'Sullivan (January 17th) it is worth summarising the history of the "Dublin Bus bus change receipt" story to give both your readers and our customers a clear picture of the situation.

During the 1990s many of our drivers were subject to assaults, robberies and attacks for the cash that they handled on the buses. As a consequence the AutoFare ticket system was introduced. This means that drivers no longer touch the money being given for fares. The money is placed in the fare box by the customer and it is stored in a secure box. Almost immediately the vast number of assaults stopped.

The AutoFare system, which is used extensively by bus companies across Europe and the United States, means that no change can be given to customers who do not tender the correct fare. Dublin Bus customers can purchase pre-paid, discounted tickets from over 400 outlets across Dublin ( the option chosen by 45 per cent of our customers); they can have the correct fare ready when they board a bus; or they can take a change receipt in lieu of change which can be cashed in at a later date - there is no expiry date. This is in contrast to most other cities and systems where no such facility is offered. For example, on-street parking meters give no refund for unused time.

In 2004 Dublin Bus started the Community Support Programme which in the past two years has donated €500,000 to 300 charities across Dublin from unclaimed bus change receipts. The remaining unclaimed amounts are reinvested in the business for the purposes of discounting prepaid fares, minimising price increases for the cash customer and maintaining and developing services across the network.

By the way, the 2006 Dublin Bus Community Support Programme starts again this month and details are available at www.dublinbus.ie. - Yours, etc,

GRAINNE MACKIN, Communications and Media Manager, Dublin Bus, Dublin 1.

there's somebody on boards.ie giving out about not being able to pay with a five euro note. mad yokes.

Super Dexta said:
there's somebody on boards.ie giving out about not being able to pay with a five euro note. mad yokes.
you mean FARMERS right? bus eireann costs 6 euro to go the same length you'd pay 85 cent for on a dublin bus. Why the first time I was using Dublin bus was in front of my cool new pals, I handed the driver a tenner and said "kilcoole" and everyone laughed at me. I think I got it free or someone paid for me. Oh the shame!

Wheels said:
Last night I got the 123 on Dame St. Getting on I said €1.35 please, and I put in a two euro coin, as I always fucking end up with for bus fare. The driver gives me my receipt, but no refund ticket, which I then ask for. He begrudgingly hits the refund button. On the way to sit down I check my ticket, and see that the stupid prick has only given me 5 cent. So I inform him of his error and ask for the correct refund. To this he mumbles 'I gave you your change.' I tell him that it's wrong because I put in two quid. He replies 'I don't know how much you put in, there's loads in there.' I say that he could see the two euros that I put in, and it's his responsibility to check what denomination I have given him. He says 'no it's not.' At this point I start laughing and say either give me my change or give me your name. Again he says 'no'. I'm then left standing beside him repeating that I would like my change, and he stops even talking to me. The whole time he didn't even turn his head to look at me.

All I could do bar attacking him was sit down and let the fucker rip me off. I'm sending a letter of complaint to Dublin Bus of course, but I doubt the dick in question will get into any shit over it.

Anyone else have a similar incident and if so was there any satisfactory result from complaining? Really really pissed me off to be treated like that by such a miserable, arrogant cunt.

Ive been made cry by CIE workers before.
Ive been asked to leave by CIE workers before.
Ive been over charged by CIE Workers more than five times.
Ive been asked where my child was by CIE workers.
I hate CIE workers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back