Asshole bus driver (2 Viewers)

Wheels

Website
www.delicious9.com
Last night I got the 123 on Dame St. Getting on I said €1.35 please, and I put in a two euro coin, as I always fucking end up with for bus fare. The driver gives me my receipt, but no refund ticket, which I then ask for. He begrudgingly hits the refund button. On the way to sit down I check my ticket, and see that the stupid prick has only given me 5 cent. So I inform him of his error and ask for the correct refund. To this he mumbles 'I gave you your change.' I tell him that it's wrong because I put in two quid. He replies 'I don't know how much you put in, there's loads in there.' I say that he could see the two euros that I put in, and it's his responsibility to check what denomination I have given him. He says 'no it's not.' At this point I start laughing and say either give me my change or give me your name. Again he says 'no'. I'm then left standing beside him repeating that I would like my change, and he stops even talking to me. The whole time he didn't even turn his head to look at me.

All I could do bar attacking him was sit down and let the fucker rip me off. I'm sending a letter of complaint to Dublin Bus of course, but I doubt the dick in question will get into any shit over it.

Anyone else have a similar incident and if so was there any satisfactory result from complaining? Really really pissed me off to be treated like that by such a miserable, arrogant cunt.

well last night when i was driving the 123 on dame st, some prick got on and put two euro in by mistake. he started whining about me giving him the wrong change (like i care) and had to sit down and sulk it up like a baby. he'll probably write a letter of complaint but i'll just make something up like "all customers are pricks, especially Wheels" - driving a bus is great

Yeah i've had some insane arguments with bus drivers over the years, usually with the ones that appear to be in a world of pain. I've also witnessed some very noble actions from bus drivers. You're dead right to put a complaint in writing though, for your own conscience more than anything else.

Personally wheels i'd take the non reactionary route and use cards, they're cheaper, easier and cut out the interaction with occasional cunty bus driver. I used to get them free from my brother in law, hence the time i gave you a complimentary book, but now i buy the 30 Day Rambler (6 x 5 Day Handy Pack) for 75 euro available from stockists bearing the dublin bus logo.

Lets break it down.

1.80 X 2 X 5 = 18 x 6 = 108 - 75 = 33.

Mull over and flesh out my figures above Wheels. Thats a 33, yes 33 euro saving every six weeks which doesnt factor in the occasions that i dont have change and have to pay over the odds.

Dublin Bus supersave monthly tickets. The change is up your arse.

I walk from Rathmines to Crumlin every day cuz the buses are shit.
I live in Rathmines cuz its close to town and cuz the buses are shit.
I walk everywhere cuz the buses are shit
I never go back to my Roscommunist homeland cuz the buses are shit.

My entire life is based around the shittiness of buses.

There's the 18 and I think theres' the 83 as well. Dunno where they stop iin Crumlin, but they both go from KFC in Rat o' the Mines.
But as you know, the 18 has a radial route(goes East/West, rather than South/North), and so its very unreliable, cuz they've to fight a lot of traffic.

Plus the 18 is a phantom bus. I don't even believe it exists.

well i am not a big fan of dublin bus myself but did write a letter of complaint and they replied saying thank you for the letter and that the driver is being dealt with
basically i was on the bus at college green and the bus driver proceeded to break the lights and cut across the van driver who had the right of way.
the van driver was beeping him etc and the bus driver (who was black... which will be put into context shortly) started complaining. I was sitting right behind the bus driver and there was a young girl of no more than 10 standing beside him to get off a next stop.
when the van driver pulled up beside him the bus driver opened the door and started shouting " you white bastard, fuck you you white c*nt!" this went on for about 5 minutes and everyone on the bus was shocked. the driver in the van was shocked and couldnt say anything..
i got off the next stop took the reg plate and the number of the bus and wrote a letter to dublin bus
its better to let them know whats going on, they are making a fortune from people not claiming their change

Dublin bus drivers seem to be real assholes. I don't know what it is. most oter cities in the country don't really have this problem. Although I did get a pretty cool bus driver in Dublin once who drove me to where I wanted to go whcih actually wasn't on his route, I was pretty impressed

Squack said:
they are making a fortune from people not claiming their change

I heard from a taxi driver last week that that uncollected money is given to Dublin Children's charities each year.

Lot of cunty Bus drivers about but they have to deal with a lot of shit.
Dublin traffic alone would probably do my head in.

I asked the driver on the 123 to kick these 2 winos off the bus for calling someone a black bastard. He just made them stand up beside him like bold schoolkids. The black dude had his earphones on, ignored everything.

i thought nothing could be done with the bus change money and it was all just sitting in some account?

i mean i could probably ask one of the guys in the canteen

Being a prick isn't nice in any profession. Wouldn't be a bus driver for all the cash money in the world but. I don't know which I'd rather be less, a cop or a bus driver.

I don't think Dublin Bus can legallly give that money on your change ticket anywhere. It's your property. Is there expiry dates for cashing those tickets in?

i was about to launch into a tirade there but to behonest most of them are logged here somewhere.
My new years resolution of 2005 was to get in less arguments with bus drivers but it only multiplied the amount i had cos the biting of the tongue got too much.

i like the guy who slandered me in front of the whole lower saloon bout peuking upstairs on his bus at 10am and saying "here,next time ya do that clean it up" when in fact i was downstairs,behind him the whole time with my thesis in hand ready to hand it in to college.

when i defended myself he said "i know it was someone wearing a black hat" at which point i pointed out i was wearing a blue hat....his reply?
the fucker closed the doors and sped off,while the bus oogled at me like id done something wrong

Wheels, bring this one all the way,CUNTS!

aoifed said:
I don't think Dublin Bus can legallly give that money on your change ticket anywhere. It's your property. Is there expiry dates for cashing those tickets in?

Well I did say I heard it from a Taxi Driver which is akin to a "may be rascist and/or total bullshit" clause.

Don't start about taxi drivers.............

i think the change that people get receipts for is stored in an account and cant get touched. But have been told that any extra change thats left over goes to charities so always say no to change reciept.....driver prob knicks it though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back