ARctic moNkeY's (1 Viewer)

Let Loose said:
did anyone hear the album???

got it and nicely pleased....
feckin HMV are chargin é5 euro more than ToWer....

I think they are going on tour with Decoy Owl Motherfucker and the Chalets in IReland in the Summer.

Stay tuned.

i also got it today. it sounds pretty good. in fact, exactly how i expected it to sound. pretty rockin.

god it must be great be able to tell whether something's going to be good or bad without ever even listening to it- such a skill

The said:
god it must be great be able to tell whether something's going to be good or bad without ever even listening to it- such a skill

It's feckin deadly actually and I know because I have this skill too. I know I don't like the Arctic Monkeys either, in spite of never having heard them. I now don't have to waste my money buying their album or my time listening to them. Result!

hugh said:
It's feckin deadly actually and I know because I have this skill too. I know I don't like the Arctic Monkeys either, in spite of never having heard them. I now don't have to waste my money buying their album or my time listening to them. Result!

I listened to a few clips on boomkat and I can confirm that they are generic indie bollox.
It's a shame when someone singing in their natural accent is the most interesting thing about them.

I think the album is decent. Yeah the hype is bulllshit, and them being championed as the future of music is rubbish, but as indie guitar stuff goes it's better than most; it's catchy, the lyrics are good, and it's a giddy thrill.

I think the tunes are excellent, though the tracks on the album aren't as attractive as the versions that we flying around the net before Christmas. Recommend you located those.

TOTP was so odd tonight. This crowd were number one.
Then there was Belle & Sebastian's average new single and Go Team(!).
Heaven Is A Place On Earth was still the best song on though.

Arctic monkeys, like harry potter, are just one of those things that I won't bother taking an interest in until I have children of my own.

The Scientician said:
Nothing better than hearing them, too loud, in Whelan's. I can hear the ocean now cos of their poxy soundsystem. Earsplittingly fantastic.

you were still drunk? i can tell.

i like the fact that they are so young and seemingly arrived at being what they are all by themselves.

sounds average enough though.

hugh said:
I too have this special skill.

das nugs said:
you were still drunk? i can tell.

i like the fact that they are so young and seemingly arrived at being what they are all by themselves.

sounds average enough though.

Ah i get ya now. Nah i wasn't drunk. It was a frail attempt at sarcasm but it doesn't seem to have worked. My ears are still messed up. I oughta sue those cretins in The Whelan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back