April Budget (1 Viewer)

Only the more expensive rent has fallen, the lower end of the bracket has not and is higher tan it was a couple of years ago. I'm house searching, so I know.

So the mumbo jumbo about rent allowance being restructured on budget day actually means that the rent cap is being reduced by 10% and payments will be cut by another €5 p/w (it was cut by the same amount in december).

This is actually enough to put people out of a home, and make it very difficult for me to find a new one.

Only the more expensive rent has fallen, the lower end of the bracket has not and is higher tan it was a couple of years ago. I'm house searching, so I know.

[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/12719254/Daft-Rental-Report-Q4-2008-Year-in-Review"]Daft Rental Report Q4 2008 - Year in Review@@AMEPARAM@@/docinfo/12719254?access_key=key-1h051fonh7pllaxzydp3@@AMEPARAM@@12719254@@AMEPARAM@@key-1h051fonh7pllaxzydp3[/ame]

The name "digestive" derived from the belief that they had [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antacid"]antacid[/ame] properties due to the use of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_bicarbonate"]sodium bicarbonate[/ame] when they were first developed.
The digestive biscuit was invented by McVitie's in [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh"]Edinburgh[/ame] in 1892 by Alexander Grant. Although they were advertised as aiding digestion, subsequent scientific research has concluded this is untrue. While rumours exist that consequently it is illegal for them to be sold under that name in the USA, in fact they are widely available in imported food sections of grocery stores and by mail order.

ah no I got my sums all wrong there

How does it work....I think we'll be down 680 per month, once she goes back to work, accounting for the budget and her (part-time) salary offset against additional creche fees, with Lois going in part-time on top of what we're paying for the other two. Don't ask me for the details, because it's all written down at home and I can't remember. It would actually be cheaper for her not to go back to work, but she might go insane if we did that. And nobody wants that.

ah no I got my sums all wrong there

How does it work....I think we'll be down 680 per month, once she goes back to work, accounting for the budget and her (part-time) salary offset against additional creche fees, with Lois going in part-time on top of what we're paying for the other two. Don't ask me for the details, because it's all written down at home and I can't remember. It would actually be cheaper for her not to go back to work, but she might go insane if we did that. And nobody wants that.

could she use the time to volunteer?

I think that would be a great set-up - having enough money but as a unit contributing more to shosietee

If she were to stay home, she'd be minding three kids so yeah, she might get like 2 minutes a day to volunteer.Or less.

i get ya. the reduced costs will be incurred through childcare and whatnot??

The UK just had it's new budget announced - yippee

Is there a viable alternative to the NAMA thing that's being bandied about?

I don't like the sounds of it at all at all:mad:

move over here with us.

I'm slightly better off with the new budget here.

If i slashed my booze intake and got rid of the car we barely use it would be even better...

A good news story here: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/property/2009/0423/1224245199958.html
Landlords cry foul at attempts to reduce rents

Landlords cry foul at attempts to reduce rents

MEMBERS OF the Irish Property Owners Association (IPOA) are not happy campers these days. Over 400 assorted landlords attended a meeting in Dublin this week where there was much gnashing of teeth over the reduction in the rate of mortgage interest relief and other assorted woes.

Owners complained bitterly that they now faced a lethal combination of negative equity and reduced rents, having invested in the property market. They are blaming both the Government and bankers for encouraging people “to invest in property to look after their old age”, according to the organisation. “Having paid stamp duty, VAT and tax on their income, they now face financial ruin,” the press release continues.

There is the more bad news, too, says the IPOA in that landlords are being targeted by the HSE and Department of Social and Family Affairs officials in an attempt to reduce rents following budgetary measures on the Rent Allowance Scheme.

CWOs (community welfare officers) are advising tenants to demand reductions in rent of up to 10 per cent from their landlords or face the prospect of tenants leaving, following which tenants will be in breach of their rental agreements.

This, plus the €200 levy being imposed on rental property, the 2-6 per cent income levy, the banks refusing to pass on interest rate cuts and the reduction in tax relief on borrowings is leaving many landlords in serious financial difficulties with the distinct possibility of losing their own homes. Landlords, says the IPOA, “will have to stand up and reject this calculated rip-off”. Still, it is good news for the tenants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back