Application on CD (1 Viewer)

tripoli

I have an application of about 300Mb on a cd and want to copy it onto a mac because i was stupid enough to delete it off the machine. when i drag it or try copy and paste item, the machine just says 'preparing to copy' but doesn't actually start. it will open from the cd fine but naturally, is quite slow. any ideas as to why it will not copy onto the hard-drive??

tripoli said:
I have an application of about 300Mb on a cd and want to copy it onto a mac because i was stupid enough to delete it off the machine. when i drag it or try copy and paste item, the machine just says 'preparing to copy' but doesn't actually start. it will open from the cd fine but naturally, is quite slow. any ideas as to why it will not copy onto the hard-drive??
You tried copying and pasting instead of dragging and dropping?

Wilbert said:
Have you been updating your OS? Which OS you using?

yeah on top of it all. currently using 10.4.7

just realised that it may be an intel processor specific version of the application. think that's what's giving me all the grief.

Wilbert said:
But if all your doing is moving it, I can't see what the problem would be.:confused:

i know it's really weird. i've been using mac for a few years and i'm generally up to speed with all the tricks but this is driving me crazy:confused: :confused:

i've just given up to be honest!!!

wilbert: i've an iPhoto related question for ye, in iPhoto right, i can see the thumbnail of a bunch of photo's but when i click on it to view it full screen, the egg timer thingly just comes up and the photo won't open. does this mean that i have somehow delete the photo and now just have the thumbnail???

tripoli said:
wilbert: i've an iPhoto related question for ye, in iPhoto right, i can see the thumbnail of a bunch of photo's but when i click on it to view it full screen, the egg timer thingly just comes up and the photo won't open. does this mean that i have somehow delete the photo and now just have the thumbnail???
Thats exactly what it sounds like.

Wilbert said:
Thats exactly what it sounds like.

do you use iPhoto? ...jeez it's the worst program ever in terms of organising photos with duplicates,thumbnails,folders etc. a right pain in the arse. cheers dude.

Anthony said:
I think iphoto is great.

The interface is great. The slideshows with music in full screen are great. The way iPhoto organises specific files and thumbnails is horrendous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back