Anyone know their insects?? (1 Viewer)

They parasitise the larvae of the Giant Wood Wasp. According to my book - which has a foreword by Derek Mooney so it must be true.

I am a big spider fan.

We (the brother and I) used to feed spiders wasps.

I found a snake in the back garden here, but Americans didn't get the significance. A SNAKE though.

The first thing I did as soon as I saw it was grab it, and take it into the house to show people. And they are all freaking out and running away, and I am there... but look... its a snaaaake!!! I have photos too.

I realize in hindsight this might not be the smartest thing in the world to do.

Hawthornshieldthum.jpg

The hawthorn shield-bug? So many crawly things knocking around that look similar. /quote]

hmm that could be it!

Stinkbug sounds cooler though

Cockchafer.gif

Cockschafer. Amazing name. This lad appeared loads in Kilcoole around 4 summers ago. Haven't seen one in ages. Any time I see a new insect, I'm convinced it's bird flu or something.

yeow! the one i saw was about the size of a thumbnail and looked liked it was made of plastic

yeah that was the one. I spent about half an hour inbetween awake and asleep wondering why I couldn't see out of one eye

Once I found out I think it was the only time i've ever literally leaped out of bed

The average person accidentally consumes 1/2 kilo of insects and arachnids during a lifetime, whether this be flies in the mouth while cycling, or spiders crawling down your nostrils while sleeping, dunno if that fact is skewed toward African nations though!

The average person accidentally consumes 1/2 kilo of insects and arachnids during a lifetime, whether this be flies in the mouth while cycling, or spiders crawling down your nostrils while sleeping, dunno if that fact is skewed toward African nations though!

I nearly inhaled a butterfly cycling home last night.
I think I'll have to use that in a song lyric.

I hate snopes. It's so smug and I still don't believe their original 'busting' of the myth about ring a ring o'roses

On QI the other night the said that, contrary to popular belief Ring- A -Rosey had nothing to do with the plague at all

Is that what Snopes said too?

Yeah but their 'proof' is very suspect to me

want me to go into it?

when i was in school, once every few years, loads of these cunts would swarm all over our building! and no where else!

myst_0603.jpg

they are called cock shaver beetles, which was pretty amusing in school.

CHAFER4.GIF

this picture takes on a new dimension of funniness if you picture them all holding hands and walking along like the monkees, in the opening credits for the monkees.
::clef::"here we come walking down the street, get the funniest looks from..."::clef::

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back