anyone hear newstalk this morn, i think a junkie may have declared war! (1 Viewer)

halloween should be deadly this year
zombie3.jpg

I hear they're gonna rename it 'The Glindo'.

I heard the piece this morning, and saw it on the news last night. I think it's part of the whole thing where pharmacists will no longer supply drugs for which they can't turn a profit? I think there are other things they won't be giving out, either, not just methodone -- but I could be totally wrong there.

Means the addicts have to go to a clinic, and when someone is trying to stay clean, staying away from anyone they used to use with is really important, which, for some, means not going near clinics where they meet people in different stages of recovery, not all of whom are keen on staying clean. It's also a way of stigmatising the addicts -- you could be picking up anything from a chemist, but everyone's gonna know what you went to that clinic for.

Fucked up.

"It's a disgrace," says the Glindo.
very true, you'd never be able to pick out an ex junkie in a chemist. that chap could just be buying johnnies, you'd mutter to yourself.

i hear that the hse has struck a deal with boots. or something. this is gonna be great for some rabble rousing.

I was trying to fathom this bullshit last night too. Pharmascists want more payments from the hse. In as far as my uneducated and ignorant mind can figure; this means that the Pharmascists, who are loaded, want the Health service, who have no fucking money apparantly, to give them more money. I hear nothing about the actual cost of distributing methadone and the conditions of, etc.

I'm drowning in assholes here.

They should distribute the methadone to non heroin users. Then when we get mugged at syringe point, we can hand the muggers our methadone, rather than our money.

Then we'd all be happy.

He pulls a syringe - you pull a trident.

He pulls a trident - you pull a lightsaber.

He sends one of yours to the hospital - show them this thread.

Just heard from a mate that after the football the other day some junkies tried to rob a couple of German fans walking on the boardwalk in town, not realising that a bunch of German supporters, some of them known hooligans were right behind them.

Germany 2- Junkies 0

Hang on a sec... (I know I'm going to be crucified for this but...)

Are you saying that pharmacists, who run legitimate businesses, shouldn't be expected to make profits? That doesn't sound right to me. People go into business to make money. Also, I'm sure dealing with drug addicts/users isn't the nicest/safest thing to do -- maybe the pharmacists think a little profit would make the hassle of dealing with strung out scumbag junkies a little bit easier to swallow?

I do have a bit of sympathy for the junkies, but they are where they are because of personal choice. Yes, sending them to a clinic may make them feel stigmatised, but guess what, they are already stigmatised when people see them on the street and suss them out for heroin junkies.

In fairness thumped will have less down time in the mornings, as most of the folks on here will be in a queue at the clinic.

the solution here is to leave the meth in the front seat of random cars around town, or among someones cd collection, or in a handbag, so that junkies can obtain it the traditional way.

Are you saying that pharmacists, who run legitimate businesses, shouldn't be expected to make profits? That doesn't sound right to me. People go into business to make money. Also, I'm sure dealing with drug addicts/users isn't the nicest/safest thing to do -- maybe the pharmacists think a little profit would make the hassle of dealing with strung out scumbag junkies a little bit easier to swallow?

I do have a bit of sympathy for the junkies, but they are where they are because of personal choice. Yes, sending them to a clinic may make them feel stigmatised, but guess what, they are already stigmatised when people see them on the street and suss them out for heroin junkies.

Well, pharmacists are greedy. The HSE are thick, the media is silly and whole damn system is totally out of whack gooooddddddddddammit! That’s what’s being said here.

And don’t be tarring all the heroin addicts with the same brush there btw, it's not very nice.

I strongly agree with the first part of that post. Pharmacisies aren't charities.

My point exactly!

Heard some of the undead on the radio yesterday evening. One person who sounded like a 70 year old granny, turned out to be a 22 year old male. Offer em euthanasia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back