Anyone giving up anything for Lent? (2 Viewers)

Jesus, fair play - I don't think I could do this every year! I don't smoke and I don't drink often so I don't have too many vices - us Thumped girls are so virtuous ;)

I'm beginning to feel like the wicked one of the bunch - smoking and drinking. I don't eat much chocolate, that must count for something.

I've taken up smoking to balance all this giving up that's going on. If no one spends any money this recession will go on forever and we'll all end up living in the Nora Dunne gallery.

I remember as kid giving up buying sweets, and being told to put the money you would have spent on them into the Trocaire box. This seemed like a reasonable thing to ask. What seemed a lot more fun though was to keep buying sweets, put them in a big jar and then scoff them all when Lent was finished. Which is what I usually did.

off all sweets/chocolate/crisps/cake/biscuits... all that kinda stuff. feel a lot better for it and don't really miss it once i havent had it for a bit. unsure if that'll last for all of lent though.

I'm beginning to feel like the wicked one of the bunch - smoking and drinking. I don't eat much chocolate, that must count for something.

I don't really drink, but I also smoke and I eat a lot of sweets and chocolate, and I am not above eating sweets in place of a meal.

I also love reality TV and sitting around in my own stink, filthing up the place.

I am not a woman of virtue by anyone's definition and if I were accused of such a thing, I am liable to break the skin.

I don't really drink, but I also smoke and I eat a lot of sweets and chocolate, and I am not above eating sweets in place of a meal.

I also love reality TV and sitting around in my own stink, filthing up the place.

I am not a woman of virtue by anyone's definition and if I were accused of such a thing, I am liable to break the skin.

Oh, good, there is comfort in numbers.

off all junk food 3 weeks today. this is all i can think about right now

20-Milka_Milk_Chocolate.jpg

slurp

I don't normally do Lent because fuck lent, but January "new years resolution" gave me a pretty good reason to kickstart not eating dairy etc, so I'm thinking of trying to stick to a weekly budget for "Lent" to kickstart me on some better spending habits. Mostly because I'm poor as fuck and moving house.

I wouldn't normally do lent either, but I had thought about giving up booze. London though... and Commando in the Lighthouse next week and Purple Rain in the Sugar Club the week following. Not going to happen.

I wouldn't normally do lent either, but I had thought about giving up booze. London though... and Commando in the Lighthouse next week and Purple Rain in the Sugar Club the week following. Not going to happen.

em..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back