Anyone giving up anything for Lent? (2 Viewers)

You could waste time with that stumbleupon crack.Giving up shit is tough though.

I haven't read this thread through, but can I assume someone has said "your ma"?
If not, then I guess I will.

I don't smoke or eat meat and I can't remember the last time I had an alcoholic drink but I wager it was before Christmas, therefore what else can I give up?chocolate is the only thing I have left!:)

I don't smoke or eat meat and I can't remember the last time I had an alcoholic drink but I wager it was before Christmas, therefore what else can I give up?chocolate is the only thing I have left!:)

you sound like a good laugh, up to anything this weekend?

Most television. I can watch news and news specials and I can watch 'quality' programming, like good documentaries (reality shows don't count) and movies if they are planned, etc, and no channel surfing.

Basically I've instituted the sort of rule you'd have for a child.

Mostly it's to break the habit of mindless TV-watching.

CHRIST ALMIGHTY, though, I seriously love reality TV. I find the prospect of 5 and a half more weeks without it rather distressing.

Nothing. As my brother says what are you going to gain for it.

But if its a purely symbolic thing of self control...

everything i do is both virtuous and awesome. i've already been off junk food since the start of the year, i barely drink any more and never get drunk, i gave up smoking sometime last year.. i could give up going to work or going to band practice but i don't think that'd go down a storm.

I imagine even if you don't believe in any sort of religion organised or otherwise that a period of abstaining from something(s) you like would make you better able to appreciate them in the future. Stop ya being spoiled or what not. I could be wrong though.

That's why Holy God invented recessions.

everything i do is both virtuous and awesome. i've already been off junk food since the start of the year, i barely drink any more and never get drunk, i gave up smoking sometime last year.. i could give up going to work or going to band practice but i don't think that'd go down a storm.

BAH!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there must be something inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back