Anyone ever done a Bungee jump?? (1 Viewer)

brianMy Remorse

Website
www.myremorse.com
well, anyone? and if so, how scared shitless should i be cos i just put myself down for one, jumping 120 feet off a crane or something, its all for charity, but go on tell me what its like.
jaysus this is an invitation for horror stories, althought the Fosters ad on tv is pretty funny....

yeah, i did one back in sepetember in new zealand. theres heaps of bungees to choose from in queenstown where i was living but the one i did was a 50m drop off a cliff face 400m above queenstown ( http://www.ajhackett.com/index.php?page=ledge ) has a good picture of it. i did it at night time, i was really fucking scared but i leapt anyway. the thing that got me was that feeling of 'is the rope gonna tighten anytime soon?' and hey if its for charity then go for it.

just got kindly referred to a news link bout a person who died in wales in 2002 doin a jump and a newly married couple in italy.... not the reassurance im looking for!

brianMy Remorse said:
just got kindly referred to a news link bout a person who died in wales in 2002 doin a jump and a newly married couple in italy.... not the reassurance im looking for!
if you die can i have your guitar???
i'll give you a fiver if you make it...
fair deal eh???

fair enough noel! hows the preparation goin for converge?

200% eh? sounds like thats the way to go then....
apparently theres a 2 in a million chance of dying, the same risk as driving 100 miles in your car..... hmmm all depends the way you drive

brianMy Remorse said:
fair enough noel! hows the preparation goin for converge?

200% eh? sounds like thats the way to go then....
apparently theres a 2 in a million chance of dying, the same risk as driving 100 miles in your car..... hmmm all depends the way you drive
I'd imagine (though I've never done one) that the thing to make sure of while bungee jumping is that you don't vomit, as it would probably hit you in the face on the way down at some point

needtokill said:
I'd imagine (though I've never done one) that the thing to make sure of while bungee jumping is that you don't vomit, as it would probably hit you in the face on the way down at some point
i think ill be making sure stuff soesnt come out the other end first, to say ill be bricking it is putting it mildly!

brianMy Remorse said:
i think ill be making sure stuff soesnt come out the other end first, to say ill be bricking it is putting it mildly!
friend of mine did one and he said when your up there and the rope is dangling beneath you before you jump you can feel it pulling you. he said thats the worst part about it.

mc moley said:
friend of mine did one and he said when your up there and the rope is dangling beneath you before you jump you can feel it pulling you. he said thats the worst part about it.

i did one when i was younger in canada but compared to others i've seen it wasn't extremely high up. it was great though. adrenaline buzzes are great. im an adrenaline fiend. fair fucks to you for doing it for charity.

ya i heard that the cord is pretty heavy and starts dragging you alright!
leo its on the 28 of jan think its the wed up in UCC. so theres gonna be a crowd which means i cant back out cos ill never hear the end of it! by the way i still have a converge ticket for ya, meet up with you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back