any fanzines/freesheets left? (1 Viewer)

i think the whole thing has dried up... http://www.iol.ie/~insinbad for a quick lesson on how it should be done....

anonymous koward (24 Apr, 2002 04:32 a.m.):
are there any regular/semi-regular zines being done in this country any more?

The Hidden book and record store often has some free zines.

Admin (24 Apr, 2002 01:25 p.m.):
i think the whole thing has dried up... http://www.iol.ie/~insinbad for a quick lesson on how it should be done....

I'd love to get one started again....

there's some zines still ..

this time last year there were loadsa Hardcore-punk ones that all looked the same and had the same Steam pig - medulla nocte or whoever is touring that week interviews in them . ..

now everything has gone a bit more poetry politix and whatever.

as im a kiddo .. anyone know who wrote gearhead nation ? it was b4 my time .. but the address is around the corner from my house . .

Primarily the work of one Derek Byrne, no longer resident in this parish - although he does read this board.

when I get back (next year) I'll start something up back home again... currently half-finished one in Auckland (and christ, if you thought Dublin was bad for lack of fanzines..), dont know if I'll get it out soon though, being very lazy and very broke...

path in exile

Admin (25 Apr, 2002 11:37 p.m.):
Primarily the work of one Derek Byrne, no longer resident in this parish - although he does read this board.

my first gigging band formed through an ad in one issue.

"Primarily the work of one Derek Byrne"

so what happened to him ?

my bet is he "sold-out" . .

possibly to the dance scene .. .

just a guess .. im sure im terribly wrong .

aahahha

yeah

he sold out big time

http://redfrecords.free.fr/

that's him

path (26 Apr, 2002 04:23 a.m.):
when I get back (next year) I'll start something up back home again... currently half-finished one in Auckland (and christ, if you thought Dublin was bad for lack of fanzines..), dont know if I'll get it out soon though, being very lazy and very broke...

path in exile

Are you one of the chaps that wrote on /thepath?I always wondered where that had gone to.

nine (26 Apr, 2002 03:07 p.m.):
Are you one of the chaps that wrote on /thepath?I always wondered where that had gone to.

When thumped.com got taken down by its host for overloading the server, I think all the files got lost (Pete?). I still have all the old issues, but they are on a CD-R at home, and I am in New Zealand.

that's about right

they more or less changed the locks while i was down the pub and refused to let me back in unless i paid up for dedicated hosting

which wasn't likely

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back