anvil movie (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 55
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 8
Saw the Anvil movie last night, been waiting ages to see it. Its fucking unbelievable documentary film making. So heart felt, Lips tries so hard, I hope they get some success from all of the publicity. I bought 'this is thirteen' from their site. Great that they got support slots from AC/DC

ROCK ON DUDES!!.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

i think the whole thing has really crossed the line into joke territory though. just looking at that NYC clip above, its kinda sad. if saxon cant rise above the level they have been for 30 years, how can anvil? maybe they should get a DJ or MC type addition and go for the kids of today's tastes/../..

They've got some pretty good songs for that type of Metal, its not like every Metal band that makes it has great songs. There's plenty of successful turds out there. If they had some better management back in the 80's and better judgement themselves they could've been bigger.

Maybe I've been watching too much Project Runway or whatever but this was such a well-paced and well put together documentary. As the start, I thought it was just going to be about the European Tour but it just brought you through hope and failure after hope and failure. I also really liked how it dealt with their family relationships without focusing on them too much. Pretty epic that those two guys have been best friends playing together for longer than most marraiges last. Amazing. That sound engineer dude is possibly the only person in the history of ever to look better in his fifties than he did in his twenties. Growse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back