anti-electric picnic thread... (1 Viewer)

A lot of the stuff in the Dance tent looked promising. Garnier, Metro Area, loads more can't remember/don't want to remember anyway. This is way more fun.

Anybody been watching the coverage on RTE 2 over the last 2 hours?
Watched a bit earlier, was just bad coverage i'd say. The two presenters were incredibly bad (intoducing irvine welsh as "delightful"? only RTE...), the acoustic spots were mediocre (that david kitt one was terrible, shit song badly sung), and the live broadcasts were just poor, as in boring shots/edits and bad crowd/band sound mix. I'm sure there's a good buzz there, but a crowd of transition years with camera phones could have done a better job.

I know it's rather poor form to quote yourself, but I wrote this in another thread a few minutes ago, and really it should go in this one, or one like it:
What's going to happen when everybody comes piling on here again on Monday and Tuesday and wants to talk about the Electric Picnic, specifically in comparison with, say, another well-known Irish music festival? Will all those threads be closed as well? Pete? Maybe we need a codeword. Like 'Helium', say. Or 'Nitrogen'. Or 'Witnness'.

Holy Fuckaroo, the Frames must have spent the next album advance buying up all that air-time on RTE! Either that or Hansard has shacked up with Derek Mooney in order to weasel more publicity from the station.
!bog

If I don't see some footage of DJ Shadow before the end of the weekend, the RTE schedule programmer is gonna end up with a significantly deep bullet hole right between the blinkers.

Again though, I'd still love to be drunk in a field. That TV coverage lark just ain't the same at all.

WTF Gambra?
Thought ur into Punk, I mean fffffffffffffffffffsssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

WTF Gambra?
Thought ur into Punk, I mean fffffffffffffffffffsssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Jsus Chriiiist

mrslave.jpg

i was reading the indo on friday, page 2 had a headline that said someting about a "rocking Organic-Style weekend" i didnt realise that EP was an organic festival, i was under the impression it was a boo-teak festival.
had i known sooner that it was organic i might have went...

are the other irish festivals geneticaly modified ?

Again though, I'd still love to be drunk in a field.

I know a field where it doesnt cost e170 to get drunk in, if yr really quite u wont get evicted this time !!

***king Dumb

hi guys,

if there's something particularly hard to understand about the announcement at the top of EVERY FUCKING FORUM then by all means, let me know.

all the best,
pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back