An Post Question? (1 Viewer)

spuded

Website
www.geocities.com
Does anyone know how the fuck I can get An Post to stop delivering packages for me or my housemates to my neighbours when we're out. Seriously it happens constantly, they used to leave collection slips for us which was totally grand cause the collection centre is just nearby at the KCR, but this dropping it into neighbours all over the estate is fucking ridiculous. I don't mean to sound like a prick but we live on a cul de sac with incredibly nosey neighbours and a couple of times the packages have been dropped over to our house, semi opened and shit (which they said the packages were like when they got them) but how the fuck am I to know if thats true or not.

Surely An Post can't really do this without asking you.

DHL did it as well before with a pretty expensive piece of computer equipment, it was delivered to a house two streets over and they signed for it. I rang up DHL and asked them why they fuck they do this, that it was a pretty expensive package and what is to stop the people they deliver it to just denying they ever got it and telling me to fuck off? The person on the phone just said it was company policy. I asked if they could put a note on our address asking can I collect it from theri place out in walkinstown instead, she said it wasn't possible. Fucksake

Sorry rant over.

eh, i'd regard delivery to a neighbour two streets away as non-delivery and would claim against an post.

needless to say, this would probably be a spectacularly unsuccessful thing to attempt.

I work in a homeless shelter so its not possible due to security/confidentiality bollox. :mad:

housemates work??
a work addess of some kind always save so much hassle. Ive used my work address for stuff ever since i came home one day to find a package for the polish couple who lived upstairs from us sitting on the doorstep in the rain!

yeah that sounds frucking bad. any good mate you see regulary to could take delivery in his/her place of work?

aye Im gonna try work something out, just seems fucking stupid that i cant just pick any packages that are too big from the local collection place, they never used to do this, only maybe in the past six months, guess maybe the postie is pissed with all the packages that get delivered here. Anyway luckily there isn't much call for people to steal the type of records and books I buy:)

Ring up your local district office (the place where you would have collected parcels in the past) and ask them not to leave parcels with neighbours. When i was a postman we were told not to leave parcels with neighbours and to leave a docket instead. Postmen hate the hassle of filling out forms and having to lug around parcels all day, so that's why they dump them on the neighbours.

some chap I worked with got a PS3 delivered to work, the post came at 6am and they left the box (so they claim) on the doorstep... no one ever saw it, either got lifted between 6am and 9am or johnny postman got himself a new toy... rubbish service

some chap I worked with got a PS3 delivered to work, the post came at 6am and they left the box (so they claim) on the doorstep... no one ever saw it, either got lifted between 6am and 9am or johnny postman got himself a new toy... rubbish service

That was MDR's last caper before retiring.

Seriously though, sounds like a deadly job.
Strolling round all day, walkman on. Free PS3s.

In reality you end up arguing about football with men who have egg stains on their jumpers and who have no clothes other than thier uniforms.

i didn't bother answering a knock on the door the other day because it's usually just some dick selling double glazing or membership of the norfolk wildlife trust, then ran out when the 'sorry you were out' slip came through the letterbox, the postie didn't look at all impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back