Alternative Medicine (2 Viewers)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
Hey Brainboxes,

Can anyone recommend alternative medicine practicioners? I don't even know where to begin but I'm thinking along the lines of herbalism or homeopathy (as opposed to prayer or whatever else might be considered non-conventional).

Obviously this may be personal so a PM would be as welcome if someone has a recommendation.

Ta

I was 'treated', why?

Just wondering as the remedies on their own without any knowledge of the patient is next to useless.

I've seen homeopathic remedies work really well for my baby cousin where conventional stuff did nothing. I suppose even at only six months old he must have got the whole placebo affect, right?

They've worked for me too btw.

I was going out with a girl for the last year who was mad into homoeopathy, used it to treat her illnesses, and, loosely, based her thesis on the principles of homoeopathic remedies and such.

My personal opinion, and it's just my opinion, is that it's a load of snake oil horseshit.

But if it works for you, more power to ya.

dr. brendan fitzpatrick is a medical doctor and does complementary medicine including homoepathy - i liked him a lot and while i'm not sure of the efficacy (generally), he might be worth a shot. he's in donnybrook, and don't let his website scare you off.

not sure if it's what you're looking for, but i would also recommend john mclaughlin (in ranelagh near the triangle) who does acupuncture and works from a base of chinese medicine, i think. my grandmother found him great, and i liked him a great deal, so i would recommend him - PM me if you want the number.

(why am i recommending people without saying that it worked? cos nothing has.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back