Alcohol support (1 Viewer)

He just decided he wanted to do the intial treatment abroad because he didnt want to have to cope with lying to people. It's may not be shameful to you but right now it is to him. I'm not really concerned with if it is or isn't I'm concerned with getting him to make the first step towards some help so if England is what he wants England it is

While AA and NA can be hugely beneficial in helping people to maintain a drug/alcohol free lifestyle, it largely does this through peer support and the therapeutic factors inherent in a shared experience. It also helps to keep one's vigilance up around substance misuse and avoiding complacency. While i don't hold in the slightest with many of it's guiding principles, there are few people in recovery that I wouldn't reccommend the odd meeting to.

What AA, NA, and the Minnesota model as a whole does not do so well is provide answers as to how one came to be in that position in the first place. Alcoholic is an ugly, outdated word in many ways; this person certainly has a problematic relationship with alcohol. A counsellor or treatment centre may be able to help him to figure out why.

I suspect that many, many people that use this site would have at some point in their lives skated close to serious problems around drink and/or drugs and yet managed to muddle through. I know I have. What is is that's in the people that manage to steer clear of these sort of problems is something that interests me greatly.

he should try the stanhope center. they do a free 4 week course for alcohilcs and concerened persons that also attend then they have a chat after in their own seperate group. after the four weeks you can go for counselling sessions on your own or with concerned people also their are counselling sessions for the concerened person

and getting out and talking about it is so good for your own well being, being able to feel you cn talk to friends or neighbours without them condeming you is a pretty amazing feeling. also knowing your friends are going to be there even if you act the biggest prick in the world but know how to say sorry is important as well

AA is amazin and works for lots of people, but the religious aspect can really put people off.

I know someone who stopped drinking and became a religious maniac. He's now answerable to God alone, which in his mind gives him an excuse to be a complete cunt to everyone.

I know someone who stopped drinking and became a religious maniac. He's now answerable to God alone, which in his mind gives him an excuse to be a complete cunt to everyone.

Thats what they said about Matt Talbot.

"I prefer the old Matt."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back