Album Of The Year 2013 (2 Viewers)

The Top 50 Albums of 2013 | Pitchfork

THE ONLY LIST THAT MATTERS

Don't really understand why people like Disclosure or Blood Orange so much.

I notice a song from that Perfect Pussy band's demo tape appearing on a few individual lists including Ian Malaney's in the Irish times so they're my tip for the top of 2014 for sure.

I used to really like lightspeed champion. Must check out Blood Orange

I used to really like lightspeed champion. Must check out Blood Orange

It's really well produced and the grooves are cool but I can't connect to any of the songs. It all just feels like an exercise to me.

a pointless one?

For me maybe. I'd say it's worth checking out and seeing if you like. I'd be curious to know what other people on here think of it. I've never been mad on his voice either so that doesn't help matters.

On the plus side he covers a mansun song on it for no reason. Decent enough cover.

For me maybe. I'd say it's worth checking out and seeing if you like. I'd be curious to know what other people on here think of it. I've never been mad on his voice either so that doesn't help matters.

On the plus side he covers a mansun song on it for no reason. Decent enough cover.

Sure I'll give it a whirl at some stage so

The Top 50 Albums of 2013 | Pitchfork

THE ONLY LIST THAT MATTERS

Don't really understand why people like Disclosure or Blood Orange so much.

I notice a song from that Perfect Pussy band's demo tape appearing on a few individual lists including Ian Malaney's in the Irish times so they're my tip for the top of 2014 for sure.

I listened to the Disclosure live set from EP (though didn't actually go to it when I was at the festival) and it sounded pretty good. I hate these lists but also like them because they serve a purpose. That being, a list of the stuff that was out this year. I'll work through the stuff I don't know over teh xmas and see if theres anything i might find decent.

I listened to the Disclosure live set from EP (though didn't actually go to it when I was at the festival) and it sounded pretty good. I hate these lists but also like them because they serve a purpose. That being, a list of the stuff that was out this year. I'll work through the stuff I don't know over teh xmas and see if theres anything i might find decent.
Yeah will do the same. Looking forward to having the time to sit down and scope out a whole bunch of stuff over the next couple of weeks. Have so little free moments to do so properly these days. But on initial glance it looks like a shite list. Not sure whether that's because it actually was a pretty shit year for music, or whether Pitchfork has long since become irrelevant to me or whether I am now irrelevant myself. Probably all 3.

"As Modern Vampires showcases, a transformation has taken place within Vampire Weekend—they've grown into a mature, ambitious band whose music is now both airier and weightier than it used to be. But a broader cultural shift has occurred, too. The lines that used to separate different kinds of music are starting to look more and more old-fashioned, and the rigid identities by which people used to make musical taste a game of us-vs.-them are crumbling like old buildings. We are moving in the direction of a place where everybody is allowed to love everything."

Hey, we're allowed like what we want now, you guys.

Johnny Marr disagress

Johnny Marr Not a Fan of Spotify, Haim | News | Pitchfork

“Pop culture isn’t just about ‘the music, man’," he continued. "It’s a way of life, and an aesthetic, and it’s not just about pressing a button and getting something entirely for convenience. Put it this way: we’re soon going to start seeing the difficulties of innovative music trying to swim in that huge tide.”"

this is @washingcattle's googlerock thing

Johnny Marr
“Pop culture isn’t just about ‘the music, man’," he continued. "It’s a way of life, and an aesthetic, and it’s not just about pressing a button and getting something entirely for convenience. Put it this way: we’re soon going to start seeing the difficulties of innovative music trying to swim in that huge tide.”"

what was it Leftsez said about this in his angry letter the other day. Something along the lines of pop culture driving music rather than music driving pop culture (which is how things used to be)

"As Modern Vampires showcases, a transformation has taken place within Vampire Weekend—they've grown into a mature, ambitious band whose music is now both airier and weightier than it used to be. But a broader cultural shift has occurred, too. The lines that used to separate different kinds of music are starting to look more and more old-fashioned, and the rigid identities by which people used to make musical taste a game of us-vs.-them are crumbling like old buildings. We are moving in the direction of a place where everybody is allowed to love everything."

Hey, we're allowed like what we want now, you guys.

It is a lovely album. Haven't listened to it in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back