Album Of The Year 2013 (4 Viewers)

In no real order, these all top choices round here
Hammerhands- glacier
Gorguts- colored sands
Cloud rat- moksha
Wormed- exodromos
Dead in the dirt- the blind hole
Asg- blood drive (only new to this, so good though...)
Cowards- hoarder
Wake- false
Intronaut- Habitual Levitations

In no real order, these all top choices round here
Hammerhands- glacier
Gorguts- colored sands
Cloud rat- moksha
Wormed- exodromos
Dead in the dirt- the blind hole
Asg- blood drive (only new to this, so good though...)
Cowards- hoarder
Wake- false
Intronaut- Habitual Levitations

That ASG album is awesome. Heard a lot of good reports about Intronaut. Must check them out.

This is interesting.

Paramore with single of the year.

The Singles Jukebox

The singles jukebox reviewers give songs a rating out of ten and then it's averaged out.

My theory is that a band like Paramore are so far off the radar of your standard indie fan that it's ok to like a song by them as you're not jaded by hype or your peers banging on about them. A similar thing happened with Taylor Swift a few years back and she had 2 of their top 10 songs of 2009. I'd say her average rating is a lot lower these days.

Have to say that Still Into You song is catchy as fuck in a good way. And I do have a copy of Brand New Eyes by them. They've a lot of really good songs.

It's alright, it sounds like a Hollywood Records version of Marina & the Diamonds to me.

I was listening to the Sky Ferreira album the other day, same kind of thing. I like pop music but this is all a bit too shiny for me.

Last edited:
and now I'm listening to the Paramore album.

It really is like a very good album by a Disney star. Not bad at all.

Which one? The latest one. Haven't heard that

Yeah. It's the same kind of thing all those ex-emo bands like Panic at the Disco do. Very, very, VERY polished. I can't imagine i'll ever listen again as it's not really my kind of thing but it's good enough.

The problem with most of these Top XX lists by the big publications is that they're compiled by reviewers who appear to never discover any non-promoted-to-bejaysus records. They're essentially receptacles for receiving promo CDs from labels/PR companies.

I'd love to see an infographic (ugh, hate that word) with the breakdown of label/sales figure for the Top XX albums of 2013.

The problem with most of these Top XX lists by the big publications is that they're compiled by reviewers who appear to never discover any non-promoted-to-bejaysus records. They're essentially receptacles for receiving promo CDs from labels/PR companies.

I'd love to see an infographic (ugh, hate that word) with the breakdown of label/sales figure for the Top XX albums of 2013.

I didn't know the XX had brought out any albums this year.

ba dum tish!

In no particular order

James Blunt - Moonlanding
Kodaline - In a Perfect World
My Bloody Valentine - MVB
Chvrches - Recover EP
Imagine Dragons - Night Visions
One Republic - Native

ok i've tallied the votes in this thread and i'm happy to report that 2013's album of the year is

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Indeed
There's probably no getting around it. Professional listeners are flooded by stuff from professional promoters, they just don't have time to listen to anything else

Really dug The Strypes Snapshot album. Those boys certainly know how to bang out a cool tune. Kodaline another great irish band came out with a stunning debut as well. My Favorite of 2013 would have to be Tom Odell- Long Way Down. Sublime.

Try harder Splunk.

Say you really liked the National album or something, that might get a rise out of someone.

I dug the National's new album. I thought it was really neat and the songs don't sound the same or anythin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back