Al Murray (1 Viewer)

Thebeard

Is the epitomy of everything i hate about the British. Fat, bald,ugly lout, completely unfunny and a right shit. Anyone else hate him like me?:)

Is the epitomy of everything i hate about the British. Fat, bald,ugly lout, completely unfunny and a right shit. Anyone else hate him like me?:)

It's funny how now we get to laugh at stupid British (as in: English) people and things, but the jokes being told are no different than they they were when English comedians made careers out of hilarious racism.

But anyway, plenty of his gags would work just as well if it was a fat, bald, ugly lout who was Irish. Are there not a million loud, stupid, bigoted Al Murray characters in your local pub?

Or, y'know, he can be funny sometimes. Whatever.

In real life he has an unhealthy obsession with guns and war and all that BS.

It's funny how now we get to laugh at stupid British (as in: English) people and things, but the jokes being told are no different than they they were when English comedians made careers out of hilarious racism.

But anyway, plenty of his gags would work just as well if it was a fat, bald, ugly lout who was Irish. Are there not a million loud, stupid, bigoted Al Murray characters in your local pub?

Or, y'know, he can be funny sometimes. Whatever.

But was he ever confused? No he wasn't.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think that says more about your view of Englishness than anything. Al Murray is shit and annoying. He doesn't represent the English any more than Killinaskully represents us

When i said British i meant the stereotypical English lout image. Cunts

I like Al Murray. Really hated Time Please Gentlemen but his stand up is really smart and rips the unholy piss out of outdated notions of englishness and all that bollocks.

agreed.

good interview with him in the sunday papers here a week or so ago.
came across as a gentleman. mad into the roman history so he is!

People are aware that his stuff is done in character aren't they?

but the jokes being told are no different than they they were when English comedians made careers out of hilarious racism.
They are completely different. Whether the jokes are funny or not is subjective, but he is not the equivalent of Bernard Manning. If you watch his act fully he is poking fun at racist/xenephobic attitudes by using complete hyperbole. He's quite middle class and well spoken and says he gets most of his act from taxi drivers.

He presented a documentary on the war. I'm not that interested in that kind of thing but the bits I saw were pretty good. He seemed knowledgeable and genuinely interested in hearing stories from old veterans. Nothing wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back