AKAI MPC 60 (1 Viewer)

madame swankee said:
Can anyone tell me anything about it?
Cheap place to purchase one etc.....
Thank-You,
Cara
Yeah - 12bit sampler workstation - built like a tank (and weighs about the same). Sequencer designed by Roger Linn.
Same sampler spec as the S950 - from what I remember it comes with 750Kb of memory, expandable to a whooping great 1.5MB - it's pretty damn impossible to get the memory any more.
You'd get one on Ebay but they can go for quite a lot cos they are still really popular with hip-hop producers.

Can I just ask... why would you want an MPC60 over any of the newer models???

aoboa said:
Yeah - 12bit sampler workstation - built like a tank (and weighs about the same). Sequencer designed by Roger Linn.
Same sampler spec as the S950 - from what I remember it comes with 750Kb of memory, expandable to a whooping great 1.5MB - it's pretty damn impossible to get the memory any more.
You'd get one on Ebay but they can go for quite a lot cos they are still really popular with hip-hop producers.

Can I just ask... why would you want an MPC60 over any of the newer models???

Just looking for one that's relatively inexpensive and easy to use, any suggestions?

Have a look out for the MPC1000 or MPC2000XL - they should both be going pretty cheap these days.
The MPC60 would be way more of a headache these days - especially in terms of sampling time, trying to get RAM etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back