Ads you HATE!! (3 Viewers)

its been mentioned before but that cluster fuck of a bulmers light ad on the radio.
whats with her fucking voice?!

Yeah I posted that one a good while ago. I heard it today for the first time in ages and I sicked up on my slippers. Seriously, that girl's larynx thirsts for the repeated visitation of my knuckles.

Yeah I posted that one a good while ago. I heard it today for the first time in ages and I sicked up on my slippers. Seriously, that girl's larynx thirsts for the repeated visitation of my knuckles.

i know dude. its what brought us together a few months ago...
honestly. my skin crawls when i hear that guitar riff, coupled with the stupid singing and then that mid atlantic, dublin southside drawl.

i know dude, its what brought us together a few months ago imho.
honestly, my skin fucking crawls when i hear that stupid descending guitar riff coupled with the stupid singing and that godawful mid atlantic/southside drawl.
im off to crywank.

more pointedly she informs drinkers, in her 'suggestive' timbre, that bulmers lite is still 4.5%.....so remember to...drink responsibly...they're actually playing the alcohol-abuse card almost as an invitation to temptation. ffs

bit uptight today

Those Gillette ads where you have some square jawed model splashing water on his face in slow motion.....yes, shaving is really that exciting

It is insane the amount of advertising we are subjected to on a daily basis.

The one where the two little girls, finally over the death/departure of their mother encourage their grey haired dad to hit the dye bottle and get himself out there

It just disturbs me

Is there an opposite thread? I can't remember but I LOVE this ad. I know it's dumb but it makes me laugh every damn time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"I'm on a horse."

I never buy Gillette products because their ads annoy me so much. They try to make shaving look like an action movie.

I too do not buy Gillette.

All irish tourist board ads.
Happy fucking people being all happy and hanging out on the beach n shit. FUCK OFF it's fucking freezing it's raining and everywhere is populated by pissed up teenage shitheads with haircuts that make them look like fucking Hyenas. No one in the history of this island has ever worn a fucking bikini to the fucking beach you avertising toss pot stop ripping off the fucking Brazilian tourist boards ads and get real. Just go to an old man pub and have a load of german/french/spanish tourists getting wrecked and trying to pronounce pog ma hoan (no idea how it's spelt) while the locals try to get the best view of lady tits. Spot on.

Oh and all ads for driving your car over children while pissed. Why ? Because it makes this persuit look fucking class. Especially the one where yer one gets her legs cut off because of a fucking dog. Won't happen me I fucking hate dogs and what's more if she hadn't had a lad between her legs she'd still be waking now. Where's the fucking morals gone ?

And Weight loss ads. Feel more confident ? Fuck off every fat person I know is made of stern stuff and sing Kareoke like a demon and every skinny cunt runs of crying when you look at them funny. Maybe that's just how I look at people but in fairness ask me hole.

And as for a shirtless Wayne fucking Rooney. My lady may never get the horn again after that. Thanks telly you Audio Visual Cunt.

i just like to blankly hate modern advertising as a concept. I dont mean advertising in the sense that a butcher might put a few pics in his front window of what they sell, or a shoe shop will have a shoes in their window or they might have an ad in the paper saying 'we sell shoes, this is our address'. I hate the more or less constant deep rooted psychological attacks on people that are interspersed among day to day activities which isn't policed by educated qualified professionals (or are, depending on the standpoint). here's exhibit A, i just picked this one at random:

http://www.benecol.co.uk/ccp/cms/html/benecol-uk/tv-advert-2

here we learn
A: potentially 2/3 people have too much cholesterol in their diet.
B: buying this product will reduce cholestrol intake in the blood.

wait a fucking minute. what is cholestrol??? (trundle off to wiki.....) - ok, it turns out cholesterol isnt the worst thing on earth according to wiki, in fact it says "It is an essential structural component of mammalian cell membranes, where it is required to establish proper membrane permeability and fluidity. In addition, cholesterol is an important component for the manufacture of bile acids, steroid hormones, and several fat-soluble vitamins.

all of a sudden i quite like cholesterol. unsurprisingly the advert is actually offereing a solution that does nothing to remove the problem, the problem being the persons initial eating habits.

Total fat intake, especially saturated fat and trans fat[12], plays a larger role in blood cholesterol than intake of cholesterol itself. Saturated fat is present in full fat dairy products, animal fats, several types of oil and chocolate. Trans fats are typically derived from the partial hydrogenation of unsaturated fats, and, in contrast to other types of fat, do not occur in significant amounts in nature. Research supports a recommendation to minimize or eliminate trans fats from the diet due to their adverse health effects.[13] Trans fat is most often encountered in margarine and hydrogenated vegetable fat, and consequently in many fast foods, snack foods, and fried or baked goods.

so basically the real story seems to be that if you avoid processed foods, take-aways and excesses of fried and baked food, you dont need benecol, in fact benecol and its advertising are both pretty much a waste of space. if everyone on earth started using benecol to regulate our cholesterol (something our body can do anyways) then we'd eventually probably evolve into beings who cant actually process our own diet with out external interference, like battery hens. however, their ads are successful, they present (useless) information during peak tv times and their market share dont take the time to find out anything more about cholesterol then what they are offered in 30 second segments.

worse again are the ads that target young parents. the usual formula is a few shots of baby cooing, having the craic in general, while a soothing voice in the background is telling you that your child will explode and take the street with it if they dont spoon brand x into it every 45 minutes. aha, look at this for a load of shit:

http://www.happiestbabies.ie/

so far as i can tell, what this ad is trying to tell people is 'if your baby is happy, there is something wrong with it, so buy our shit and you can sleep at night and you wont wince when your child laughs". also the fucking audacity to call their website 'happiest babies dot eye ee'. fuck you cow and gate. fuck you benecol. fuck the whole lot of them. kitty and i will fuck you up.

Tinfoil_Hat_Cat.jpg

Most threatening cat ever.

I'd also like to ad that if I have to see another fucking rugby player trying to sell me something I'll explode with rage. Brian O Driscoll goes to the fucking credit union does he ? does he fuck. I went to the Credit Union once I wantedto avail of their student loans to pay my staggering grand and a half registration fee. they told me to fuck off and yet fucking rugby players are swanning about getting my fucking money are they ? Fuck you you fucking giant baby on fucking steroids go horse a thousand benecols into your pig face and dissappear you smug cunt. And as for that fucking dick head talking about how lucozade sport helps him go that little bit extra fuck you too. So did that welsh prick not drink enough of it is that why he missed is it? Fuck you Irish rugby you only won last year cos some Welsh ring licker couldn't hold his fucking nerve. You won be default the two most beautiful words in the english language de and fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back