ACDC - Punchestown 28th June (1 Viewer)

i was nt workin car par but we wer up walls over 80,000 people and dat why security had stay together we are made and giving our jobs 2 do and anything nt do wit us is out our hand and 2 do wit other security

He types like a deaf person talks.

got back to limerick from this at 6 o clock this mornin, into bed for an hour and a half then into work for 8.00 ,and totally worth it, in fairness with the buses i cant see what could have being done, we arrived back in dublin at about half three, but with that many people there I was expecting that. Havnt being to a non punk outdoor gig since one of the feiles 12 or 13 years ago, wouldnt be in a hurry to go to one again, but ac/dc made every minute waiting around, getting soaked and tryin not to crash the car on the way home worth it .|..|.|..|.|..|

.|..|.|..|angus in the rain.|..|.|..|

Shit was Epic.

Agreed to re: buses etc. It's to be expected, no?
Didn't find it too bad to be honest to be back in Dublin by 2.

It's to be expected that there would be traffic delays leaving the venue... not that you'll be left in a load of queueing pens without any stewards or guards to keep it organized and moving, so that everyone pushes the barriers down and crushes the people at the front against the buses.

Did he not go mental about the Slane gig. I emailed them today and they said they'd call me back. What time does it end at?

Did he not go mental about the Slane gig.

they did- which makes it weird that they didn't keep it going today

It was the exact same at the Stones last year- we were made walk miles in the wrong direction in the dark

terrible organisiation

It's to be expected that there would be traffic delays leaving the venue... not that you'll be left in a load of queueing pens without any stewards or guards to keep it organized and moving, so that everyone pushes the barriers down and crushes the people at the front against the buses.

Yeah i think I agree with you except my expectation inclues that people will knock barriers down and step all over other people and also that stewards will derelict their responsibilities. Not saying thats good enought, just saying I wasn't surprised. I didn't see anybody getting stepped on or hurt though and my own exit was relatively painless.
I did see some other shit there thought that I'd hope not to see again.
The dudes behind us pissing openly in the field, practically on the people directly in front of them. But sure you can't legislate for people being scum.

Yeah i think I agree with you except my expectation inclues that people will knock barriers down and step all over other people and also that stewards will derelict their responsibilities. Not saying thats good enought, just saying I wasn't surprised. I didn't see anybody getting stepped on or hurt though and my own exit was relatively painless.
I did see some other shit there thought that I'd hope not to see again.
The dudes behind us pissing openly in the field, practically on the people directly in front of them. But sure you can't legislate for people being scum.

Yeah my mate went to get a beer and there was a guy pissing on the people in the queue in front of him. There seemed to be a lot more people than normal that were just too drunk to move.

Did he not go mental about the Slane gig. I emailed them today and they said they'd call me back. What time does it end at?

Yeah he went mental about slane but after the second day, MCD sent a letter through their lawyers basically threatening a lawsuit if he (and his callers) didn't stop repeating the statement that there were more than 83,500 people at Slane (the license limit). After that, I imagine RTE won't touch MCD events with a bargepole.

It's a pity the third Liveline show on Slane got pulled - it was due to feature security guards who were going to claim that they weren't given any training and that there was no plan in place for stewards or security on the day. I think a lot of the problems at the large outdoor gigs that MCD put on are due to lack of training of security staff. One of the companies that do security at Oxegen gave my brother a job down there one year and put him on without any training at all.

Everywhere I went I saw a fight start with two drunks just rubbing into eachother in passing.

I wish someone was making a documentary at the gig. The crowd were the most bizarre mix of rockers, hillbillies, inbreds, hotties, fat blokes, bikers, and carnies.

They crawled out of the corners of every town in Ireland, and UK. Heroic drinkin everywhere! My mate got some classic photos. We should have a thread for just the ACDC gig photos.

Great gig! Let there be Rock ruled! So did Dirty deeds

I'm regretting not filming the drunk dwarf we saw, it would have been youtube gold.

I'm regretting not filming the drunk dwarf we saw, it would have been youtube gold.

About 20 mins after we got there we saw a young one, pregnant, walking through the buses carpark with a fag in her mouth and a can of dutch gold! Couldn't get the camera out on time, so we missed that golden moment.

Dang!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back