ACDC - Punchestown 28th June (1 Viewer)

I'll be very surprised if nobody was seriously hurt trying to get onto the Dublin Busses after this. I have never seen such bad crowd management in my life. Barriers were being pushed down on top of people and people were climbing over others that had fallen to get onto busses and not a stewerd or guard in sight. People around me were screaming in pain.

I'm pretty glad I sold my ticket. Between the weather, the Blizzards and the Bus issues.

Hope AC/DC were good though.

They were amazing. One of the best gigs I've ever seen.

Highlights:

Angus .|..|

Inflatable Rosie

The animation for War Machine

The spectacular human pyramids and and equally spectacular accidents.

Lowlights:

Trying to get out of the car park. An hour and a half queueing and getting nowhere until I spotted a back way out. Fucking nightmarish.

Piss weak tea.

great gig,shite orginasation. I think I'll retire from outdoor gigs. Had to walk from the N7 before the Naas exit to Punchestown. Not nice.

I'll be very surprised if nobody was seriously hurt trying to get onto the Dublin Busses after this. I have never seen such bad crowd management in my life. Barriers were being pushed down on top of people and people were climbing over others that had fallen to get onto busses and not a stewerd or guard in sight. People around me were screaming in pain.

Oh man, I can't wait for Liveline today.

acdc were utterly fantastic, was dead pleased. the day sucked however, terrible supports, horrible weather but worst of all mcd and the organisation. we were sat in the car park for an hour and a half before stan noticed we could manouevre out a back route. supposedly people were still in the car park til 2.30 this morning.
when we did get out, the stewards directed us towards blessington, which is the route i had planned, and it was grand, got us home in no time, i imagine heading back through naas was rough.

what was terrible, i thought, was the stewards also letting drunken punters, usually on their own, walk down that route too, which had no lighting and maybe 2 stewards along the way to control the traffic. was amazed no-one got knocked down.

acdc were utterly fantastic, was dead pleased. the day sucked however, terrible supports, horrible weather but worst of all mcd and the organisation. we were sat in the car park for an hour and a half before stan noticed we could manouevre out a back route. supposedly people were still in the car park til 2.30 this morning.
when we did get out, the stewards directed us towards blessington, which is the route i had planned, and it was grand, got us home in no time, i imagine heading back through naas was rough.

what was terrible, i thought, was the stewards also letting drunken punters, usually on their own, walk down that route too, which had no lighting and maybe 2 stewards along the way to control the traffic. was amazed no-one got knocked down.

I couldn't believe the car park fiasco. How much organisation does it take to let cars out of a car park? Thank the stars we spotted the back way out too. I was wrecked tired :(

Tell me more about this "back way". We were over 2 hours getting out. It sucked. A million stewards standing together doing the work of 2 or3 people. They could have been more spread out helping cars into lines and that. Bah.
Angus on the platform in the rain.... What a legend.

we had no hassle getting in or getting out. they kept the car park gates closed for an hour after the gig but once they opened it cars moved quickly out towards blessington. dudleys right though, that road is LETHAL and there were loads of swaying idiots ambling along in the pitch black.

gig was great, though i'm offically done with large outdoor events. i was prepared for the rain but overall they're just too much hassle.

nice to hear dog 'eat dog'!

i was nt workin car par but we wer up walls over 80,000 people and dat why security had stay together we are made and giving our jobs 2 do and anything nt do wit us is out our hand and 2 do wit other security

i was nt workin car par but we wer up walls over 80,000 people and dat why security had stay together we are made and giving our jobs 2 do and anything nt do wit us is out our hand and 2 do wit other security

That was just noise.

KBAI

Tnx

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back