Aarrrrrrrrghhhhh (1 Viewer)

See what happens when he doesn't do his breathing exercises?
He gets *so* irate.

Which can be funny when it makes him flip.
Back flip, front flip - he can do them all.

Hehehe.

co-incidentaly, playing the pod is also a dose of the shits.
pyramid of importance inverted:
punter = important
artist = important
middleman = facilitator in the bringing of the two together, the best they can do is a good and fair job; mostly they're self-important parasites who put themselves above everything.
parasite kills host....parasite dies
bouncers are a sub-species of human being
and that sound-man was some sort of genetically engineered soprano whinge-monkey. oh what a night!!

Oh, incredible as in there was none Vinnie, nothing to do with the 'cake you understand , it's just that the Red Box has built-in anti-atmospheric effects which dampens any kind of show I've been to there...

vinnie-
i was just reading that thread about all those gigs like Mega City 4 in Charlie's neds in mcgonagles... we were at those vin, you and me. what ever happened to us vin?
on another note, ask yourself this. were you ever under any illusion that playing the red box could possible be good for the band in any shape or form? i mean, come on, i know you better than that.
it's like that time i got a call from daragh purcell asking if the null set would play in the mean fiddler - i knew we should have told him to fuck off straight away but, and i'm at a loss as to why we even entertained the idea, we thought it mightn't be so bad. and we were wrong, very very wrong.
in my experience, the only good gigs one can play is if you put them on yourself or you're sure the promoter knows and respects what you do - otherwise, the promoters interests can never be honourable.
i ain't taking shit down on you or anything, it's just i'm surprised you guys did it in the first place.
see you on the 24th.
hag

p.s. maybe even see you on tuesday?

it's stating the bleedin obvious, or maybe it's just being simplistic, but the best promoters are the one's who aren't using you to make a living.

And if you can't find one like that in YOUR area, then become one.

do it yourself

what was the story with this redbox gig?
i certainly didn't know about it beforehand: did anyone? why did the 'cake decide to play the shelter/the redbox under these circumstances? (was there a load of bills in it or what?)

pete speaks the sense of a man who has been around a long time.

anyone who isn't there for OXES on tuesday (never mind even if they don't bother their asses to get their in time for all the bands) is a fool. a fucking fool.

Why the Jimmy Cake played a gig in the RedBox that they didn't particularly enjoy:-

The gig was part of Valentine's night out for the students of Dun Laoghaire IT. It was to be the usual student mixture of live bands, DJ, beer, casual sex, etc. And it was supposed to be on in the Shelter.
We thought it would be good because: it would give us an opportunity to see what playing the Shelter was like without having to fork out any rental fees; we could see how our music went down with an audience who didn't know who we were; we could road test some new material, safe in the knowledge that almost nobody would be listening (it wasn't supposed to be open to the general public); we would get paid (not all that much) without have to take any risk; we were to get a crate of beer too.

As it turned out, the Shelter was double booked (not the first time I think - seems to be some bad management going on there), and DLIT pulled the short straw and were left without a venue. At the last minute they got the RedBox. Because it's a lot larger than the Shelter, they decided to open it to the public, but there was very little time to tell anyone. But we didn't really mind because we were still getting to play a new stage, we were still getting paid, and we thought we were still getting beer.

As it turned out, the soundcheck was long and painful, the bouncers were rude, the audience were (mostly) completely disinterested and we didn't get any beer.

C'est la vie.

Jimmy Cake (18-02-2001 04:07 p.m.):

As it turned out, the Shelter was double booked (not the first time I think - seems to be some bad management going on there).

ouch... a dastardly public diss for mr bradley..

ah well.. at least the classic beatles weren't headlining, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back