A thread about baking tasty treats (2 Viewers)

I made an apple tart yesterday, retro baking treat! I came upon a load of cooking apples at the weekend thanks to muffin's fella so this week we are gonna have tarts, crumbles, strudle etc!!

I hear ya sweetoblivion!!I made roast chicken and potatoes and a homemade sauce for the first time ever the other week and it was yummy!!It was a proud day in the muffin household!

apple tart is easy although making the pastry is a pain in the hole and is usually enough to put me off doing it. and i cant find cooking apples anywhere in new zealand and regular ones just dont cut it for baking. maybe its a seasonal thing although they have all sorts of other apples. you just roll out the pastry and put it on a plate, schlep a load of apples on, sprinkle sugar (add cloves or cinnamon to taste), more pastry on top, squidge around the edges and then put it in the oven til it looks ok.

im thinking of making these lemon and ginger scones this evening. they look easy enough.

Just made a batch of these chocolate peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal walnut cookies:

1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1.5 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa
4 cups oats
1 cup chopped nuts
1.5 cups chocolate chunks
made these today except vegan. turned out deadly. peanut butter bickies forever. dear 2006, thanks jane!
also made a no bake biscuit cake for this vegan birthday. haven't tasted it yet, its still setting in the fridge...

250g marg
tub of cherries
120g sultanas
300g dark chocolate
120g of chopped pecans/walnuts
150g plain digestive biscuits broken not too small
"60g" of golden syrup (how do ya measure that?? i just put in half a cup)

melt the marg and chocolate, chop everything else. mix, put in greased baking tray. set in fridge for 4 hours.

Yes i've seen cannolis in Carluccios. I'd strongly recommend the 2 course 12.99 lunch in there while you're at it.

would something like this be suitable for making cakes and shit? its only €26.94

58-4230890SPA73UC619010X.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back