I'm going to buy a record player................... (1 Viewer)

I started buying vinyl records in 1993 because a lot of music I wanted was coming out solely on that format.
Never stopped buying or listening to vinyl since.
I never had broadband internet until 2008 or a smart phone until 2020. Have listened to more records in last 4+ years than ever before.

I started buying vinyl records in 1993 because a lot of music I wanted was coming out solely on that format.
Never stopped buying or listening to vinyl since.
I never had broadband internet until 2008 or a smart phone until 2020. Have listened to more records in last 4+ years than ever before.
what do you play your vinyls on?

i'm in the market for another record player. anyone know what the best deal is on a standalone with a proper balanced arm? doesn't need bluetooth, just rca. don't mind if it's belt drive.

Never bought into the cassette revival.
Used them as a kid & teen but no interest in them now.
I've bought tapes every year for over thirty years too. Same thing as records: tapes never went out of fashion in some circles. Ordered three new tapes the other day.
I bought an entry level Pioneer stereo double cassette separate (made in 2002) about 5 years ago on eBay from UK for less then 70 Euro ppd.

Hey, I finally joined Spotify recently and it is handy to use and yeah- I get why people like it - easier to use on a phone and not much adverts. All formats compliment each other with pros n cons
But I mostly buy old stuff and want to have it on the original format.

They don't last though. I have old tapes from the late 80's
I know if I was to play them they would sound like shit and or probably disintegrate.

I still have my beneath the remains cassette that got chewed up. I had to do some surgery on it.
Cut out the crumpled up tape and sellotaped it back together.

Lean times.

They don't last though. I have old tapes from the late 80's
I know if I was to play them they would sound like shit and or probably disintegrate.

I still have my beneath the remains cassette that got chewed up. I had to do some surgery on it.
Cut out the crumpled up tape and sellotaped it back together.

Lean times.
I have plenty of tapes from early-mid 90s that play perfectly...

I have plenty of tapes from early-mid 90s that play perfectly...
Yep. e.g. my 1985 press of Joy Division's - Unknown Pleasures tape has been played about 500 times and sounds fine.
If ya played an LP a few hundred times it wouldn't perfect anymore.
On some MP3's or whatever they are called now I cannot hear the bass or some high end sounds either.
Some CDs sound very compressed as well. No format is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back