2020-21 Football thread (1 Viewer)

In LFC released interview with Jürgen he suggests burnout / stress / needs a break. No major health problems or anything lined up.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Kloppo to go at the end of the season.
not like this GIF

Jesus, it really is just the Globo Oil League more and more every day

Personally, i blame Jordan Henderson on this

Sadly another young death -
Luis Tejada (1982 - 28 January 2024)
Tejada apparently only retired in 2022.
He scored a record 43 goals for Panama in 108 games and played two matches in the 2018 World Cup (missing the England game).
Tejada played w/ top division clubs in Mexico, USA, Colombia and Peru - where he won the league with Juan Aurich.
English wiki has list of all Luis's international goals

I love that the lad from Man City had a whole second family

Before the Premier League players couldn't have afforded that kind of thing

Will this lad have to retire earlier to spend more time with his families?

Crazy that these tossers are heroes

Liverpool were super tonight. The whole squad is playing really well.
They've got three good to ace players in certain positions now.
Conor Bradley is awesome and might be key to Trent moving into midfield.

Arsenal next on Sunday.

It's outrageous that a player like this comes along and he's Irish, and we still don't get him

Some discussion on second captains today cursing the boundary commission as they were supposed to move the border to put the townland he came out of on this side of the border.

Strictly speaking under FIFA regs we could still poach him.

Some discussion on second captains today cursing the boundary commission as they were supposed to move the border to put the townland he came out of on this side of the border.

Strictly speaking under FIFA regs we could still poach him.
He has over a dozen senior caps for the North, I think he's well out of our reach at this stage.. A bit annoying that they've leapfrogged us in the promising young player stakes (Evan Ferguson having tailed off a fair bit since that Newcastle hat trick).

Feck all happened on English transfer deadline day.
Never saw the January window so quiet.
Obviously what happened with Everton (and Forest) frightened the whole PL.

I left my work today with my Manu supporting boss pretty happy they were 2-0 up.
By the time I got to the train station my other works WhatsApp group was exploding. Most bants were directed at Wolves fan, who was supposed to be working with me later today (Friday), but shirked out with the excuse that he was watching the Big Game*
So I checked the text updates of that game, and apparently quite a lot happened in the time it took me to walk to the train station.

*Wolves fan is actually a Chelsea fan from Wolverhampton. He just didn't want to work today because he knows it'll be a shit one. And so he has massively thrown me under a bus as the guy replacing him is rubbish.

Jose Reynaert (7 December1921 - 3 February 2024)
Brugge player who was Belgium's last pre-war top flight footballer!

Giacomo Losi (1935 - 4 February 2024)
Defender Losi was for decades (until Totti) Roma's longest serving player. He clocked up 455 matches (2 goals!) winning two Coppa Italia and the 1961 Fairs (UEFA Cup) beating Birmingham in the final.
Losi won 11 caps for Italy including playing in the disappointing 1962 World Cup Finals campaign.

Kurt Hamrin (1934 - 4 February 2024)
World Soccer editor Kier Radnedge once described Hamrin as one of football's the three greatest outside-rights along with Stanley Matthews and a player Hamrin faced in the 1958 World Cup Final - Garrincha.

Stockholm boy Hamrin was proflic winger who scored 190 goals in Serie A - 150 of them for Fiorentina.

Starting with AIK, Hamrin joined Juventus in 1956 but it didn't work out and he moved to Padova for a season. After netting 20 Serie A goals for Padova, Kurt headed home to the World Cup.

He scored 4 goals in 1958 WC including the last in the 3-1 semi win over defending champs West Germany.

Talk about cutting in from the wing - WHAT-A-GOAL!
Unfortunately after that tournament Kurt rarely got back to Sweden for international duty again - He won 32 caps and scored 16 goals.

After the World Cup Hamrin joined Fiorentina where he replaced another wing legend from Brazil - Julinho who had starred in the 1956 Scudetto win and 1957 European Cup runners up sides.
Julinho lost his place in the Brazil side to Garrincha after moving to Europe.
The Viola were runners up in Serie A again in 1959 and 1960 (for 4th consecutive season) and won the Coppa Italia in 1959 and 1966. Hamrin also won 'the Cup of Cups' scoring v Rangers in the 1961 Final. Despite his brilliance on the wing and in the box Fiorentina never won Serie A in Hamrin's time
In his first two seasons at Fiorentina Hamrin got 26 Serie A goals both times.
Hamrin's 150 Serie A goals in 289 games ranks him alongside Giancarlo Antognoni and Gabriel Batistuta
as one of Fiorentina's finest.

In 1967 Hamrin moved to AC Milan for two seasons:
In 67-68 he finally won Serie A and another 'Cup of Cups' - in the final in Rotterdam Kurt scored twice in the opening 20 minutes to secure a 2-0 win over Hamburg.

While he was missing out on Fiorentina's 1968-69 Scudetto win, AC Milan won the 1969 European Cup.
He spent two years at Napoli before returning to Sweden and retiring in 1972.
Kurt's 190 Serie A goals still rank 9th on the all time list.

Hamrin resided in Florence for the rest of his life.
Kurt was one of the Serie A's finest imports and best players of his generation and the last survivor of the 1958 World Cup Final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back