2011-12 Champions League Thread (1 Viewer)

washingcattle

Contributor
Arsenal vs Udinese is top quality so far. Arsenal banging on the door Udinese break so quickly it's like finely matched boxing so far. Udinese supporters are noisey bastards apparently all under the age of 18 or so the director would have us believe. Handadovic just made 2 world class saves.

It's back YEEEESSSS!!

Oi,champions league started weeks ago,we're now onto the "top few teams in the big leagues and a few others to make up the numbers" league.
Anyway,are barca gonna win it again?hard to see beyond them really but there's always slip ups.I expect the english and spanish teams will dominate things once quarter final time comes around.

Seedings for today's draw:

Pot one - Manchester United, Barcelona, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Porto, Inter Milan.

Pot two - Shakhtar Donetsk, Lyon, Villarreal, AC Milan, Valencia, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, Benfica.

Pot three - Zenit St Petersburg, Man City, Olympiakos, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, BATE Borisov, Basle, Lille.

Pot four - Borussia Dortmund, Trabzonspor, Dinamo Zagreb, Napoli, APOEL, Genk, Otelul Galati, Viktoria Plzen.

Dream neutrals draw/City group of death: Barca, Milan, Citeh, Dortmund
Gooners/Chelski/Utd group of death: Them, Shaktar, Zenit, Dortmund

bah, it's gonna be the same that it always is. i'd be surprised if any of the english clubs get a tough game.
always the same. can't we just fast forward to the knockout stages?

It is going to look very samey alright especially as the teams I want to see the most (Napoli, Dortmund) are in the lowest pot. Hopefyull Dortmund will get a good draw, have a decent CL campaign and keep their squad together, cause the English/Spanish Duopoly is getting a tad boring.

I wonder who will win the Best Player In Europe award?

Lione-Messi_0.jpg

The only way the Champions League group stages will be interesting is if they get rid of the seedings for the draw.
I wanna see Barcelona, Manure, Valencia, and Bayern Munich scrapping in the same group, whilst a bunch of dopey teams try and out-defend each other in another one.

Having watched Napoli vs City last night and AC Milan vs Barcelona tonight and both of them being absolutely brilliant (though Milan did wilt after the last goal, but that was after an 65 minutes of really great football) I'm really hoping that Manure and Chelski get knocked out quick smart so that I can see actual football on all the channels that show it.

If only the commentary team for Setanta Sports weren't so committed to licking Barcas arse i'd be delighted right now.

they were fierce barca-centric weren't they? i'm not sure aquaman fouled xavi. he's a crafty fucker though. they all are. but once it hit the hour mark, the age began to tell. milan are so old. nesta is still great though.

Forza Fucking Napoli.

Please let Chelsea and Arsenal play on the same night so I can follow the best attacking team in europe all the way to.... ahh well they'll probably get destroyed by Real in the next round but still. Fuck it it could end up 10-9 on aggregate. In fairness I thought Basel played really well organised and fucking lucky as fuck but shakira or whatever his name is is a really really great lad and Frei deserves plaudits for just hanging around this long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back