2008 Beijing Olympics (1 Viewer)

It's all down to the enlightenment and modernity.

Did you see the poor fucker who ran around half the stadium celebrating his bronze only to be told he had been disqualified. Ouch.

that Kenyan woman who got silver in the Marathon didn't know there was someone up the road in gold until that lap thing they ran outside the stadium.
She was sat in the group, thinking she could take them all in a sprint, and with less than a K to go there's suddenly someone 500m ahead of her.
Bollix.

edit, that sort of thign used to happen all the time in cycling, before every rider had a little intercom thing. 8 lads would break, 4 would be caught, and then 3 would be caught, and the pack would think they have them all back, and then there's a massive sprint, and they're told the race was already won.
A mate of mine won a race that way. No one realised he was gone.

Thoughts on tonight's RTE coverage:

-Jesus they've no regard for Beach Volleyball at all and it looks like a sport which demands a high standard of physical fitness.

- If the reason for the above is because of the hotness of the women competitors and their skimpy outfits why wasn't hockey similarly looked down upon? Because DAMN!

- Their hockey commentator is as enthusiastic as a South American football commentator. All that was missing was a "ggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllll"

Fucking horses, letting the country down, letting themselves down but most of all letting their poor rider down.

Drug cheat horses out!

I have a feeling they also abuse the shit out of those penis enlargement pills they keep emailing me about.

caught the sailing early yesterday morning on the beeb. GBR won gold on points. Their commentators need to be sat down and spoken to.

"A small piece of this ocean belongs to Britain now"

Turned off telly. Went to work. 'Give Ireland Back to the Irish' was on the radio when i got in.

Cursed the british all day.

He seemed to lose the run of hiself completely in the last two rounds, Degale was just running away and picking him off.

I don't think he did though. Like, you're not going to win unless you punch the other guy. So when you're down 4 or 5 points you've got to go out swinging. But with amateur boxing you're more likely to swing and miss than swing and score. And when you swing and miss you're open to counter attacks. So with Sutherland (and with Barnes) the score doesn't necessarily reflect the contest in the ring. [/pundit]

That said, that Chinese dude looked amazing, Barnes was totally outmatched. Sutherland didn't look like he did the other day. He didn't throw out any combo's and he wasn't able to pick his scores and get out.

fair play to egan, deadly

jimmy magee though

"you must be careful in counting chickens before the eggs are hatched, maybe even before the eggs are layed"

"he's boxed his socks off, whihch isn't too much trouble he as very wee socks on"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back