2008 Beijing Olympics (1 Viewer)

ShawnJohnsonAmCupChrisTrotmanGETTY80077438.jpg

Shawn Johnson rocks

Just reading that.
Bugger me.

Phelps is now the top Olympian of all time. Here's what it takes ...

phelps4.jpg

Michael Phelps in action. Photograph: Shaun Botterill/Getty Images

US swimmer Michael Phelps made history yesterday when he scooped a record-breaking 11th Olympic gold medal. He has now topped the podium five times in Beijing. After his latest victory, he revealed the secret behind his six-days-a-week, five-hours-a-day training regime: an extraordinary 12,000-calorie daily diet, six times the intake of a normal adult male. This is a typical day:
Breakfast
Phelps kick starts his day and his metabolism with three fried-egg sandwiches, but with a few customised additions: cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and, of course, mayonnaise.
Amuse-bouche out of the way, he throws back two cups of coffee and sits down to an omelette - containing five eggs - and a bowl of grits, a porridge of coarsely ground corn. He's not finished yet. Bring on the three slices of French toast, with powdered sugar on top to make sure there's no skimping on the calories. And to finish: three chocolate chip pancakes.
Lunch
With breakfast wearing off and the hunger pangs biting, Phelps downs half a kilogram - ie a whole packet - of enriched pasta and two large ham and cheese sandwiches. On white bread with loads of mayo on top. To remove any chance that his body will run out of fuel, he washes this down with about 1,000 calories of energy drink.
Dinner
Time to load up on carbs for the next day's training. Another half kilo of enriched pasta goes down the hatch with a chaser of an entire pizza and another 1,000 calories of energy drinks. And so to bed. As Phelps told US television channel NBC yesterday: "Eat sleep and swim, that's all I can do."

Bolt could've stopped for a cup of tea and he'd still have won that.

He's possibly the only sprinter ever that's ever been fast enough to target a grand prix event for a world record like they do with the middle/long distance events. Probably would have been sub 9.65 had he gone the whole way.

The BBC's replay of the comentary box of the race with Michael Johnson going nuts was great.

He's possibly the only sprinter ever that's ever been fast enough to target a grand prix event for a world record like they do with the middle/long distance events. Probably would have been sub 9.65 had he gone the whole way.

The BBC's replay of the comentary box of the race with Michael Johnson going nuts was great.

Peter Collins. "Jerry, what kind of physical attributes do you think Bolt has that have brought him to this standard in running so quickly?"

Jerry Kiernan: "Well Peter; the Guy's a Freak."

He was my 3rd & 4th class teacher when he ran the L.A olympics. Proper fond of rulers on the knuckles. Brought us all back sweatbands an merchandise.

I love that guy.

Peter Collins. "Jerry, what kind of physical attributes do you think Bolt has that have brought him to this standard in running so quickly?"

Jerry Kiernan: "Well Peter; the Guy's a Freak."

He was my 3rd & 4th class teacher when he ran the L.A olympics. Proper fond of rulers on the knuckles. Brought us all back sweatbands an merchandise.

I love that guy.

He seems like the soundest guy ever. In direct contrast to Eamon Cocklan.

you're not missing anything, the rte coverage is all over the place. "oh a medals ceremony, lets watch that". and all the beeb wanna do is talk about team gb regardless of what the event is. they'll interview some jerk who came 41st in a race while some interesting pole vaulting is going, and all the cunts in the studio want to talk about is some fucking bloke who won a medal in sailing. "possibly one of the greatest sailors, of all time!" i'm sure the lads who went down on hms hawke are brimful of pride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back