100% unofficial leaving cert thread (5 Viewers)

omg omg omg omg omg omg

1330682655_8bb164e5c4.jpg

I got 290.. to quote my friends...

I got some things re checked I failed art history getting under 25%... Like the guy who said "si" to everything when the two essays id learned didnt come up on the paper I winged it and wrote the essays id learned thought id get a few marks for bare faced check.

think this shows the value of learning-by-rote education

from the lead story on the herald AM:
Some 22.5pc of those sitting maths did not make the grade, prompting leading business group Ibec to warn the falling figures were a disturbing trend and a sign the Government's education policies were making little impact.
of 8,510 candidates who sat the honours paper in the core subject, 4.5pc failed compared to 3.8pc last year, while the numbers failing the ordinary level rose to 12.3pc, up from 11.5pc last year. Of the 5,803 pupils who opted to sit the foundation level, 5.7pc failed.
looks like the writer of that piece did foundation level maths.

I would hate to be back getting results today, just spoke to my sister and she's borderline. Now she's to wait the next week til offers come out to know where she's going or if she's to repeat

Just got my results today. I got 305. Not happy with it at all but I could have done far worse. I dropped out of school at the start of February and didn't do any revision until the night before. I also had insomnia for pretty much the whole school year which didn't help one bit.

I'm pretty happy that I got a C1 in english, even though I know that i'd be capable of getting an A. I completly bollocksed up the timing of the exam, which meant I had to leave out the creative essay on paper 1. I think it was worth about 20%.

I also managed to get a C1 in geography where I left out an entire question. The exams seem to overall have been marked really easily.:confused:

I'm a bit pissed off though as I was really hoping to do Orts in UCC or UCD but I reckon there's not a chance I'll get it. I might scrape Science in UCD but I'm not really sure i'd want to do it... The worst thing about it is that I know that I could have gotten my number one choice if I had started studying even just three or four weeks before the exams...

Another year in hell looks likely for me.

is 485 good? It's fucking brilliant you blasé bastards

I would have killed to do that well

Science is easier to get into than Arts?

Bugger me.

I know... what with how easy a Science bachelors degree is, all the masses of jobs waiting for you when you graduate.

Heh.
As far as I can see the only thing a science degree qualifies you for, are more science degrees. Even Computer Science might will get you jack shit in the job market unless you've got experience during your degree.

Just got my results today. I got 305. Not happy with it at all but I could have done far worse. I dropped out of school at the start of February and didn't do any revision until the night before. I also had insomnia for pretty much the whole school year which didn't help one bit.

I'm pretty happy that I got a C1 in english, even though I know that i'd be capable of getting an A. I completly bollocksed up the timing of the exam, which meant I had to leave out the creative essay on paper 1. I think it was worth about 20%.

I also managed to get a C1 in geography where I left out an entire question. The exams seem to overall have been marked really easily.:confused:

I'm a bit pissed off though as I was really hoping to do Orts in UCC or UCD but I reckon there's not a chance I'll get it. I might scrape Science in UCD but I'm not really sure i'd want to do it... The worst thing about it is that I know that I could have gotten my number one choice if I had started studying even just three or four weeks before the exams...

Another year in hell looks likely for me.

jan+1+019.jpg

I know... what with how easy a Science bachelors degree is, all the masses of jobs waiting for you when you graduate.

Heh.
As far as I can see the only thing a science degree qualifies you for, are more science degrees. Even Computer Science might will get you jack shit in the job market unless you've got experience during your degree.

environmental science is a good science degree, loads of jobs around at the moment.

environmental science is a good science degree, loads of jobs around at the moment.

Really? Makes sense I suppose.

It wasn't offered back in my day, although I might have considered it.
I might not necessarily be the smartest lad in the world, but holy fuck first year Science is hard. It didn't get any way handy until third year, and then the final year is a nightmare too if they decide to put you on the PhD track.

Yeah. Knocking out a masters or a PhD after that is no problem. I think it was particularly bad where I was, I know >60% of first year was failed, and in my final year there were zero 1.0's given out in my subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back