100% unofficial leaving cert thread (1 Viewer)

I'd already got a place in college. Did'nt turn up for irish, decided on an afternoon stroll during maths, only answered diagram questions in biology and geography etc,..

Think i ended up with 220.

Eh, I got 515 but I did arts. Go figure!
I would have done better if I hadn't done fuck all for my history exam and ended up with a C3!! I do have a history degree now so I think it balances out...
Luckily my other results were nearly all As, which was cool. I wasn't one of those people who got up at 7am to study, I'm pretty lazy about study, I suppose I did well 'cos I consistent work during the year, or something. Funny though how the LC isn't important once you get into college.

how did the points system work back in the day? not that i can remember my results.

I can't remember. I did one with the old system (including the matric) and repeated the year they changed it (1992).

I think it was 6 for an A in honours (except maths), 5 for a B, 4 for a C, etc

An A in pass was the same as a D in hons, so you got 3.

But different colleges had different ways of calculating points. It was poxy in them days.

you never. i am the queen of not studying. in fact my new exam strategy is:
1. rock out
2. get langers
3. stay up all night
4. get up at 6 to get to the exam
5. not study
6. get 83%
7. be smug.

I can't remember. I did one with the old system (including the matric) and repeated the year they changed it (1992).

I think it was 6 for an A in honours (except maths), 5 for a B, 4 for a C, etc

An A in pass was the same as a D in hons, so you got 3.

But different colleges had different ways of calculating points. It was poxy in them days.

Hons
A - 5
B - 4
C - 3
D - 2

Pass
A - 2
B - 1

Maths
A - 7
B - 5
C - 4
D - 2

you never. i am the queen of not studying. in fact my new exam strategy is:
1. rock out
2. get langers
3. stay up all night
4. get up at 6 to get to the exam
5. not study
6. get 83%
7. be smug.

My strategy went a little something like this:
Dont study.
Read through the shit quickly as if I am some sort of a quality control editor, and agree with what's written by and large.
Think Im grand now, I know it.
Rock into the exam.
Tear into it.
Think I did deadly.
Saunter out and wonder why everyone is talking about all this weird shit that wasn't in the exam.
Get a sneaking uncomfortable feeling about the uniformity of what everyone else is talking about.
Get 42%.

I do always get the pass though. I don't think I ever fully failed an exam.
They are always disastrous compared to how I think I did though.

bleurgh... i um, totted up what i thought i might get on qualifax.ie and it was about 500 which is very hopeful. I finally recieved my DATS results a while ago, which i took when i was 16. It states that i am white, am pretty average in most things, a really high abstract thinker (?), low maths and a terrible education aptitude (?). sweet.

I got 470. I hate the points system. My sisters doing the leaving this year and she seems to constantly checking what its all worth in points. Stress city!!!

I left all of my Leaving Cert exams after 15 minutes to go to gigs by amazing groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back