100% unofficial leaving cert thread (2 Viewers)

Anyone know anything or done the course - Management Science And Information Systems Studies in TCD?

what draws you to that? it seems to be a pick and mix course.

Some of the modules seem interesting but it looks like the kind of thing a graduate would find difficult integrating into a real business context. You'd have to become a smart-arse consultant straight away.

one of the modules would really help me right now....

I suppose that's a better way to put it.
If you want to learn IT stuff, learn IT stuff.
If you want to learn management and PR and HR so on, learn that stuff.
A manager should be able to manage, she doesn't need to be a half arsed coder etc.
My philosophy is get really good at something specific. I'm still wanking about a bit, but I'm getting there. Being vaguely ok at a couple of things is only going to get you grief.

ALthough, if I could do it all again, I would probably try and be a gardener or a cabinet maker or something.
Jaysus.

Heh....anyone know anything about science in UCD?

Could be my ticket out of here...but i'm not sure if I hate this place that much to risk doing it..

Although I do hate this place a lot!

wrong answer. nil point

DO regret it.

And learn from your mistake to work harder at whatever you eventually apply yourself to. None of this softly softly bullshit, the real worlds going to try and fuck with you now that you're out of the school security blanket. You can either get stomped on if you take broken arms picking-flowers-with-the-fairies advice or give two fingers to the man and beat his pudgy overfed stockmarket face at his own game and get that sweet job/career/lifestyle that most freeloaders like Seanc arent bothered because they've resigned themselves to a second rate life of paltry handouts.

DO IT!
there'll be plenty of time to sit on your arse later.

who the fuck wants to read arts books in the evenings when you can be out getting pissed or riding? .|..|
Edit: fuck this noise

Anyone know anything or done the course - Management Science And Information Systems Studies in TCD?

I found Management Science pretty interesting when I did it in my course. Statistics, probabilities, pretty diagrams etc. Nothing that ever once came up in the real world for me. The rest of it I know nothing about. What's the appeal of that course for you?

Heh....anyone know anything about science in UCD?

Could be my ticket out of here...but i'm not sure if I hate this place that much to risk doing it..

Although I do hate this place a lot!
its a grand degree, although, like I've said else where, Science degrees are not handy by any stretch of the imagination. They seem to have brought on some new courses recently too.
You are going to have to do a bit of work, particularly in the first year (tip: start early), but yeah, do it, I'd recommend it anyway.
Its a nice solid grounding.
You possibly wont get a job directly out of it, but at the same time I would lay money on you not regretting doing it, assuming you get through it.
Which I'm sure you will...

Some girl got 9 A1s which is an amazing acheievement. I wonder has anyone ever tracked down these these people who get top marks to see what they're up to years later. Hopefully they're doing kidney transplants and stuff rather than standing on a box, miming on Grafton St.

A mate of mine was one of these people.
Top of the class in Engineering in UCD every year he was there.
Now he's earning a six-figure salary for a private equity firm in London.

Sound for the feedback. The only thing is that i reeeeEEEeaaAAAaally wanted to do arts/english/wanky intellectual stuff. I'm not mad into the science, especially after having a brief look over a mates 3rd level biology book. But fuck it...it's either that or another year on the prowl in this shithole doing nowt and repeating in june.

Would have been a dead handy leaving cert had i studied and actually applied more than 10% of myself to it...fucking well annoyed with myself now. I was really missing someone to boot me up the arse but well, I should have had the cop on myself to pull through it...

I reckon i'll be repeating.

/kills self

what draws you to that? it seems to be a pick and mix course.

Some of the modules seem interesting but it looks like the kind of thing a graduate would find difficult integrating into a real business context. You'd have to become a smart-arse consultant straight away.

one of the modules would really help me right now....

It's not for me.
Someone I know got it and I'm wondering what they're in for.

Just thought someone here might have done it or would be familiar with it.

Dr. Pryor: Here's your scientifically selected career.
Janey: Architect.
Kid: Insurance salesman,
Ralph: Salmon gutter?
Milhouse: Military strongman.
Martin: Systems analyst. Systems analyst.
Dr. Pryor: Systems analyst.
Martin: All right!

A mate of mine was one of these people.
Top of the class in Engineering in UCD every year he was there.
Now he's earning a six-figure salary for a private equity firm in London.

Meabh more or less got the same thing in her Leaving, although she wouldn't tell anyone. I remember someone accusing her of getting 6 A1s, and she was saying "no no, that's nonsense", so they said, well "maybe one of them was an A2 then".

She's coming back to Ireland very soon now.

Meabh more or less got the same thing in her Leaving, although she wouldn't tell anyone. I remember someone accusing her of getting 6 A1s, and she was saying "no no, that's nonsense", so they said, well "maybe one of them was an A2 then".

She's coming back to Ireland very soon now.

I think the Presidential elections will be coming up soon. I imagine she's got her eye on that job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back