You know you're getting old.... (3 Viewers)

Ah, I think we get some wisdom or knowledge or whatever you want to call it.
There's less worrying and stress cos you get a far better understanding of what's important with your every dwindling time.
Getting older puts an urgency on you to get things done and look out for the people you should be looking out for.
There's a lot of worrying about fitting in and being cool (or whatever) when you're younger.
Happiness becomes simpler in older age.

Ah, I think we get some wisdom or knowledge or whatever you want to call it.
There's less worrying and stress cos you get a far better understanding of what's important with your every dwindling time.
Getting older puts an urgency on you to get things done and look out for the people you should be looking out for.
There's a lot of worrying about fitting in and being cool (or whatever) when you're younger.
Happiness becomes simpler in older age.
yeah - we figure out things that make life easier as we go along until the end.

the amount of conformity among middle aged people is far more than youngsters trying to be cool.
people signed up to spending vast amounts of money on things that were completely optional and can't rationalise why even if they were asked.

I was depressed about the state of the world 30 years ago, so dog knows how kids feel now - I've never seen it worse and it won't get any better. but I am done worrying about things that I cannot fix.

…when you really would appreciate if the band/promoter/venue could just tell you the damn stage times.
I'm finding lately that most older bands will do this - post set times, cos they know their audience

But also, most venues are standard. They stick to the same schedule for most acts.

Asked the BIMM lad in work if he's going to Pulp next week. Looked at me a bit blankly, asked if they had a song called Idaho. Blank stares to Common People, Disco 2000, Jarvis. Turns out he was born in 1996.

Asked the BIMM lad in work if he's going to Pulp next week. Looked at me a bit blankly, asked if they had a song called Idaho. Blank stares to Common People, Disco 2000, Jarvis. Turns out he was born in 1996.
How can someone that is interested enough in music to attend a music college, be so ignorant/unaware of a band like Pulp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back