Juno (1 Viewer)

I don't think this film lived up to the hype at all - if anything it goes to show how the standards of mainstream cinema have fallen so far that we will think anything 'indie' is great.

[spoilers]

Juno herself was too clichéd and 'way out there man', and I don't think her pregnancy was dealt with properly. I mean, she just tells her parents she's pregnant and everythings fine? That's hardly realistic. She backs out of an abortion because of something an anti-abortionist tells her. She seems to have the easiest pregnancy ever, she gives up the baby without so much as a tear shed and she barely even looks at the father the whole way through. It's just so 'hollywood' masquerading as 'reality'. You're given all these facts and told to accept them when they don't always add up. Michael Cera was good but was underused.
Jennifer Garner was awful, and Bateman was creepy and too 'cool for school'. And the band namedropping was a pain in the hole.
I still enjoyed it though, and even cried at the end...!!

Just watched this tonight. Enjoyed it a lot more than i thought I would. Though the soundtrack is god awful!

I enjoyed this but there were moments when it was just too......written.
Like when her friend asks if it's Juno on the phone and she says "No, it's Denzel Washington. Do you have any bones that need collecting?" It's funny but a bit too clever. You can almost imagine all the drafts of that line with different actors. I'm nitpicking though.
I laughed a lot when her friend was told that her baby has fingernails "Do you think it'll scratch your vag on the way out?" and when the dad said "When I see that Bleeker kid I'm going to punch him in the wiener!"

Very sweet film.

I enjoyed this but there were moments when it was just too......written.
Like when her friend asks if it's Juno on the phone and she says "No, it's Denzel Washington. Do you have any bones that need collecting?" It's funny but a bit too clever. You can almost imagine all the drafts of that line with different actors. I'm nitpicking though.
I laughed a lot when her friend was told that her baby has fingernails "Do you think it'll scratch your vag on the way out?" and when the dad said "When I see that Bleeker kid I'm going to punch him in the wiener!"

Very sweet film.

i found the denzel washington thing pretty believable, in a bratty teenager who's grown up with too much self-referential pop culture. i loved the film and i agree about it feeling really written in parts - for me, i think the convenience store bit at the beginning, and the phonecall to her friend, probably the most clunky. oh, and the bits with mark, although i think they were cringeworthy but kind of believable, sadly.

i had to pause the film to stop laughing at the phonecall to the clinic where she's shaking her hamburger phone, and "he's actually really good...in...chair".

You had to pause it? But this film isn't out on DVD yet?

Unless...........you didn't!!! You didn't..........illegally download it, did you?
:eek:

don't be ridiculous, i'm posting from the future.

p.s. stockpile cream crackers, you're all going to need them.

Like when her friend asks if it's Juno on the phone and she says "No, it's Denzel Washington. Do you have any bones that need collecting?" It's funny but a bit too clever.

Not that clever. She said Morgan Freeman.

i found the denzel washington thing pretty believable, in a bratty teenager who's grown up with too much self-referential pop culture.

See, now i think i'm going mental. Didn't she say Morgan Freeman??? :confused:

From IMDb:

Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Juno is talking to Leah on the phone, she says, "It's Morgan Freeman. I was wondering if you had any bones that need collecting." Morgan Freeman wasn't in The Bone Collector (1999).

I enjoyed this a lot, despite the start and end of the movie being fiercely annoying. The awful jokey conversation about the pregnancy test, the corny intro walking around humping a Sunny-D bottle, the music - yuk. And that song at the end - isn't she a punk? Bleh.

Good tho'.

Not that clever. She said Morgan Freeman.

See, now i think i'm going mental. Didn't she say Morgan Freeman??? :confused:

From IMDb:

Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Juno is talking to Leah on the phone, she says, "It's Morgan Freeman. I was wondering if you had any bones that need collecting." Morgan Freeman wasn't in The Bone Collector (1999).

Also, allow me to take this opportunity to mention that you're all disgusting fucking racists.

that'd be it.

Yeah, the music was definitely the worst thing about this film. Let's pretend we can't play our instruments, sing properly or write songs! But let's do it adorably.
Yuck.

I quite enjoyed it overall, though I could understand myself for disagreeing with myself.
Juno wasn't as annoying as logic should dictate. You just have to turn off your realism-in-conversation detectors.
Michael Cera was quite the teddy bear, I'd love him too if I was a teenage girl.

Juno wasn't as annoying as logic should dictate. You just have to turn off your realism-in-conversation detectors.

Yeah agree there, a tad more dawsons creek intellect and it woulda been unwatchable. Liked the teen slang stuff. Made it more realistic. I know a lot of people who hated it tho... "honest to Blog!" Thought soundtrack was a bit crappy but not distractingly so.

Spotted a cameo I didn't notice when I seen it in the cinema too, Cut Chemist as the chemistry teacher. .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back