nick cave (2 Viewers)

The Good Son for me.

Kicking Against The Pricks was the first record of his I heard, (well tape actually)... round the same time I saw Wings of Desire for the first time. Thought he was cools as fuck.

ah yea, I can probably go any of his albums (except nocturama and no more shall we fall asleep from boredom) every year or so. But TBC is the bessy one.

I think it all got a bit boring when he started writing in an office.
Till Grinderman, I found his last few albums to be a bit meh

I think it all got a bit boring when he started writing in an office.
Till Grinderman, I found his last few albums to be a bit meh

Er, he's been writing in an office since 1984 when he wrote the first draft of 'And The Ass...'.

Personally, I think he 'spooked his muse' c. Murder Ballads.

Anyone ever meet him?
I'm afraid his withering stare will turn me to dust but I'd be innerested in hearing some anecdotes.

A mate of mine had a pint with him in Jonathan Swift's bar in Manhattan. My mate's from Mayo: 'Saw you at Reading in '91, Nick. Pure savage.'
Nick-'Savage, eh?'
My mate-'Pure savage.'

Anyone ever meet him?
I'm afraid his withering stare will turn me to dust but I'd be innerested in hearing some anecdotes.

A mate of mine had a pint with him in Jonathan Swift's bar in Manhattan. My mate's from Mayo: 'Saw you at Reading in '91, Nick. Pure savage.'
Nick-'Savage, eh?'
My mate-'Pure savage.'

never met him, but I have been in that bar several times. Nice.

No More Shall We Part is a fucking amazing album!

Seriously, the first 6 songs on that record are all bone fide classics, amongst his best without a doubt for me.

i had a few opportunities to meet him at the dirty three ATP but he didn't give off a very approachable air so i left him alone. He was on the same train as my mate back to london afterwards. I did talk to Warren Ellis though. He was nice.

Anyone ever meet him?

Have been in the same room as him a few times but never spoken to him other than "hello". I did however take this - I like the way his moustache is trying to annexe his wife's face:

kazsusienick.jpg

I think it might just be the angle I took it at. She looked at it on my camera and said to Kaz "Oh well, at least you look nice in it...."

Anyone ever meet him?

Nick-'Savage, eh?'
My mate-'Pure savage.'

He and Warren Ellis stood beside me at ATP, watching Mary Margaret O'Hara. They were nudging each other going "psst, check out who we're beside, snigger". Then Nick went to the bar to get beers. Even walking to the bar he had swagger. He has remarkable presence.

He and Warren Ellis stood beside me at ATP, watching Mary Margaret O'Hara. They were nudging each other going "psst, check out who we're beside, snigger". Then Nick went to the bar to get beers. Even walking to the bar he had swagger. He has remarkable presence.

After skipping the horrendous queue at the bar he bought my mate a pint during the very same set. I was seething with jealousy, natch.
My mate still goes on that treasured moment to this day.

I've met Lou Reed though so it's one all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back